+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I suppose that's as expected? As well as Enzio, I'm a bit sad to see Damian McCrory go. The games I got to the season before last he always seemed pretty reliable to me.
    McCrory was a cracking player but sadly I think he'll retire because of his injuries, he was a good player when he played but that was not often enough.

I suspect we'll go with the following:

GK: Slocombe
    GK: Brookes

RB: Brindley
    RB: Kelly-Evans
    CB: Lacey
    CB: Rawlinson
    CB: Ellis (I hope)
    LB: Chicken

RW: Roberts
    RW: new Signing
    LW: Miller (I hope and also LB cover)
    LW: new signing
    ACM: Rodrigues
    CM: O'Brien
    CM: Reeves
    CM: new signing

CF: Sam
    CF: Wootton
    CF: new signing
    CF: Knight

That gives us a squad of 20 which is pretty much what IB said he wanted in a previous interview

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Christ. I thought I'd never have to see a midfield of Doyle, Reeves and O'Brien again...but they will probably all be here again next season!

Expect us to sign Miller.
    I think Doyle’s playing time will be significantly reduced, focusing on the coaching side. I expect JOB to be more of a squad player.

I think we need another CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If he didn’t have full faith why play him in both play offs?
    I’m not surprised he is not being offered a contract as I fully expect us to play wing backs rather than wingers so essentially Enzios position is redundant. The fact he played the Ruben role backs this up, but Ruben and a fit Roberts play this better.
    Money will be better spent on a decent CM or CF.
    Burchnall’s favoured formation has always been 4-3-3 I think, so we might switch to that. Or more likely have the option of both.

Even if we do play that, though, he’s behind Rodrigues and Roberts for a starting place if the latter can get fit, and he’s an expensive substitute.

Enzio decision is kind of the owners’ philosophy in action. Yes he’s a good player, but you can see that the money he’s on could probably be spent more effectively elsewhere.

O’Brien is the only other one that surprised me a bit, but he’s been good under IB and it makes sense if Doyle’s not going to be playing as much.

Assuming everyone signs I think we need:
    1 x CB
    1x LB (Miller)
    2x CM
    1x Winger
    1x ST

Maybe a reserve goalkeeper as well, but you might as well just sign someone on loan if Slocombe gets injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I think we need another CB.
    Agreed. A beast like your NCM name

No real surprises, I'm not sure about Enzio but depends who we get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    We have announced our retained list following the conclusion of the 2020-21 campaign.

Eight players remain under contract heading into the new season, while several members of the squad have been given the chance to extend their stay at Meadow Lane.

Michael Doyle has been offered the role of assistant head coach on a permanent basis, although should he accept he will remain registered as a player.

Six contracted players, including long-serving squad member Enzio Boldewijn, will sadly be leaving us, while five loan spells have come to an end.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “We would like to place on record our sincere gratitude to all departing players for their efforts throughout their time at the club.

“Saying goodbye is never easy but those moving on to new challenges can all leave in the knowledge they gave their all for Notts County.

“Enzio in particular has provided many special memories, including several wonderful goals, and we’re sure he will always be held in the highest regard by our supporters.

“As fans will see, we are making every effort to retain a strong core of the squad which we feel performed exceptionally well towards the end of last season.

“We believe an element of stability will be key to building on our excellent recent form, while we will of course be looking to make several strong new additions to the squad. We are hopeful that this will include the retention of one of this season’s loan players.

“Our recruitment team have been working closely with head coach Ian Burchnall since his arrival to identify players we believe can help us realise our goal of returning to the EFL as soon as possible and we look forward to welcoming fresh talent to the squad in the coming weeks.”

Burchnall will be discussing the retained list and providing his thoughts on the future tomorrow.

Under contract

Alex Lacey

Richard Brindley

Jake Reeves

Callum Roberts

Ruben Rodrigues

Lewis Knight

Elisha Sam

Kyle Wootton

Offered new contract

Sam Slocombe

Tiernan Brooks

Connell Rawlinson

Adam Chicksen

Dion Kelly-Evans

Jim O’Brien

Offered assistant head coach role

Michael Doyle

Released

Luke Pilling

Luke Steele

Ben Turner

Damien McCrory

Jordan Barnett

Enzio Boldewijn

Loan players returning to clubs

Mark Ellis

Calvin Miller

Regan Griffiths

Matty Wolfe

Jimmy Knowles

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...d-list-150621/
    Does that mean Matty Wolfe was officially still with us until Saturday? We definitely need to do better with our loan signings next season.

The only one I’d quibble with is JOB. Struggled with injuries and rarely stood out when he did play (apart from the hat-trick, obviously). Hopefully we’ll sign two first choice midfielders who are ahead of him in the queue and he’s used as a steady squad player.

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    I suppose that's as expected? As well as Enzio, I'm a bit sad to see Damian McCrory go. The games I got to the season before last he always seemed pretty reliable to me.
    Why are you and so many others sad to see Enzio go? He was crap didn’t offer anything most of the season and is probably one of the highest paid.

Overall very happy with that retained list. I was 50:50 on JOB would only keep it Doyle plays noticeably less games which I hope is the case even though he performed well this season

As for Enzio was pretty confident he would go for a combination of well know
    reasons. Clearly talented, historically a match winner on his day and an exciting player to watch but I think it's the right decision with or without Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Why are you and so many others sad to see Enzio go? He was crap didn’t offer anything most of the season and is probably one of the highest paid.
    Let’s see how crap another club thinks he is… I’m fairly confident he will been in the EFL next season

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast