+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    McCrory was a cracking player but sadly I think he'll retire because of his injuries, he was a good player when he played but that was not often enough.

I suspect we'll go with the following:

GK: Slocombe
    GK: Brookes

RB: Brindley
    RB: Kelly-Evans
    CB: Lacey
    CB: Rawlinson
    CB: Ellis (I hope)
    LB: Chicken

RW: Roberts
    RW: new Signing
    LW: Miller (I hope and also LB cover)
    LW: new signing
    ACM: Rodrigues
    CM: O'Brien
    CM: Reeves
    CM: new signing

CF: Sam
    CF: Wootton
    CF: new signing
    CF: Knight

That gives us a squad of 20 which is pretty much what IB said he wanted in a previous interview
    The CM and CF additions need to be spot on. Absolutely no room for error this time. Our midfield this season has not been good enough by a long way, so one or two strong athletic Paul Harding types are required. And CF of genuine quality needs to be recruited. Wooton has carried the forward line single handed this year.
    All in all it’s been a strange season - half of it tippy tally across the back with Reeves facing the wrong way, no forward momentum at all, then complete opposite at the back end. A season of two halves. Next season has to be one unit one purpose, and we have to batter most of the teams if we are serious about going up, hence 2 or 3 of these gaps have to be filled by quality. And if we could stop experimenting with other peoples untried unproven’s it would please me. We have had half a dozen players here this season who shouldn’t have been within a mile of the club, and then there’s Sloth, Wolfe, etc…….
    Last edited by Woodsetts_Pie; 15-06-2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Enzio is wanted by Chesterfield.

Chesterfield-linked winger Enzio Boldewijn released by National League rivals Notts County
    Enzio Boldewijn, who has been linked with a move to Chesterfield, has been released by Notts County.
    Last edited by americanpie; 15-06-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    The CM and CF additions need to be spot on. Absolutely no room for error this time. Our midfield this season has not been good enough by a long way, so one or two strong athletic Paul Harding types are required. And CF of genuine quality needs to be recruited. Wooton has carried the forward line single handed this year.
    All in all it’s been a strange season - half of it tippy tally across the back with Reeves facing the wrong way, no forward momentum at all, then complete opposite at the back end. A season of two halves. Next season has to be one unit one purpose, and we have to batter most of the teams if we are serious about going up, hence 2 or 3 of these gaps have to be filled by quality. And if we could stop experimenting with other peoples untried unproven’s it would please me. We have had half a dozen players here this season who shouldn’t have been within a mile of the club, and then there’s Sloth, Wolfe, etc…….
    A good summary ...!
    Thank you..

Quote Originally Posted by americanpie View Post
    Enzio is wanted by Chesterfield.

Chesterfield-linked winger Enzio Boldewijn released by National League rivals Notts County
    Enzio Boldewijn, who has been linked with a move to Chesterfield, has been released by Notts County.
    I may be proved wrong, but I think Enzio should be looking a bit higher than Chesterfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I may be proved wrong, but I think Enzio should be looking a bit higher than Chesterfield.
    League 2 at least

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    League 2 at least
    That's what I thought. If Chesterfield or a similar club can offer him a better deal than we could offer I can only think that our budget isn't quite what we hoped it would be. I still think his agent will find him an EFL club.

Or we have other targets that require the money this frees up of course.

The finances , especially wages, involved shouldn't be ignored by fans. Plays a big part in who you can and can't go for when recruiting.

Hopefully our strong end to the season, performances in the playoffs and our young head coach's good reputation within the game will assist with getting targets to put pen to paper.

We need quality not quantity

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Let’s see how crap another club thinks he is… I’m fairly confident he will been in the EFL next season
    Agreed, and whoever he plays for probably won't ask him to be right wingback in a team that spent half the season going backwards and sideways.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast