+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Retained List

Retained List

We have announced our retained list following the conclusion of the 2020-21 campaign.

Eight players remain under contract heading into the new season, while several members of the squad have been given the chance to extend their stay at Meadow Lane.

Michael Doyle has been offered the role of assistant head coach on a permanent basis, although should he accept he will remain registered as a player.

Six contracted players, including long-serving squad member Enzio Boldewijn, will sadly be leaving us, while five loan spells have come to an end.

A statement from our board of directors reads: “We would like to place on record our sincere gratitude to all departing players for their efforts throughout their time at the club.

“Saying goodbye is never easy but those moving on to new challenges can all leave in the knowledge they gave their all for Notts County.

“Enzio in particular has provided many special memories, including several wonderful goals, and we’re sure he will always be held in the highest regard by our supporters.

“As fans will see, we are making every effort to retain a strong core of the squad which we feel performed exceptionally well towards the end of last season.

“We believe an element of stability will be key to building on our excellent recent form, while we will of course be looking to make several strong new additions to the squad. We are hopeful that this will include the retention of one of this season’s loan players.

“Our recruitment team have been working closely with head coach Ian Burchnall since his arrival to identify players we believe can help us realise our goal of returning to the EFL as soon as possible and we look forward to welcoming fresh talent to the squad in the coming weeks.”

Burchnall will be discussing the retained list and providing his thoughts on the future tomorrow.

Under contract

Alex Lacey

Richard Brindley

Jake Reeves

Callum Roberts

Ruben Rodrigues

Lewis Knight

Elisha Sam

Kyle Wootton

Offered new contract

Sam Slocombe

Tiernan Brooks

Connell Rawlinson

Adam Chicksen

Dion Kelly-Evans

Jim O’Brien

Offered assistant head coach role

Michael Doyle

Released

Luke Pilling

Luke Steele

Ben Turner

Damien McCrory

Jordan Barnett

Enzio Boldewijn

Loan players returning to clubs

Mark Ellis

Calvin Miller

Regan Griffiths

Matty Wolfe

Jimmy Knowles

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...d-list-150621/

No real surprises there. I think Enzio will divide opinion but it was clear that IB didn't have full faith in him.

Just hope we can re-sign Miller and Ellis for the next campaign.

No surprises.

Will be interesting to see where Enzio Lands.

I suppose that's as expected? As well as Enzio, I'm a bit sad to see Damian McCrory go. The games I got to the season before last he always seemed pretty reliable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    No surprises.

Will be interesting to see where Enzio Lands.
    On his arse

Seriously I'm sad to see him go, would like to have seen him retained.

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post
    No real surprises there. I think Enzio will divide opinion but it was clear that IB didn't have full faith in him.

Bit sad to see Enzio go, but understand the reasons why.

Overall, no complaints. Interesting to see what happens with Miller and Ellis.

Seems pretty much as hoped. Looking forward to seeing who we sign and whether we can acquire Miller and Ellis or even both. Shame about Enzio but possibly an economic element to this decision.

Christ. I thought I'd never have to see a midfield of Doyle, Reeves and O'Brien again...but they will probably all be here again next season!

Expect us to sign Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Seems pretty much as hoped. Looking forward to seeing who we sign and whether we can acquire Miller and Ellis or even both. Shame about Enzio but possibly an economic element to this decision.
    Unless he's got himself fixed up elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Rez1862 View Post

If he didn’t have full faith why play him in both play offs?
    I’m not surprised he is not being offered a contract as I fully expect us to play wing backs rather than wingers so essentially Enzios position is redundant. The fact he played the Ruben role backs this up, but Ruben and a fit Roberts play this better.
    Money will be better spent on a decent CM or CF.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast