+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    You’ve got to love a country that invented chips, and makes the best chocolate and beer.

Never mind that fact I learned tonight that they also invented the smurfs.

What’s not to like?
    I've been to around 35 countries in the world. Belgium is right up there with the most forgettable. Other than Ghent there is nothing worth looking at and the only reason i went there was to catch a train to Amsterdam!

That were a proper game, that were. Belgium v Portugal, both sides committed to attack rather than pass, pass, pass sideways and back to defence, waiting for the other side to make a mistake. Kicking chunks out of each other and nearly a punch-up too, the game had everything except romance.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    That were a proper game, that were. Belgium v Portugal, both sides committed to attack rather than pass, pass, pass sideways and back to defence, waiting for the other side to make a mistake. Kicking chunks out of each other and nearly a punch-up too, the game had everything except romance.
    You must have forgotten the first 40 minutes which were exactly pass pass pass, sideways and backwards. Particularly Portugal. The commentary even stated that everything Portugal were doing was slow.
    The goal changed the game, thankfully. The 2nd half being all that you say it was.

Both were good games yesterday, great goals, and the last 20 mins in the evening fixture made great viewing.

Happy Belgium won and QLD is right lovely place, lovely people but as a country Belgium is about as exciting as unseasoned chicken served with boiled brown rice. Thank goodness for their chips and mayo and fantastic beer.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I've been to around 35 countries in the world. Belgium is right up there with the most forgettable. Other than Ghent there is nothing worth looking at and the only reason i went there was to catch a train to Amsterdam!
    Didn’t go to Bruges?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    You must have forgotten the first 40 minutes which were exactly pass pass pass, sideways and backwards. Particularly Portugal. The commentary even stated that everything Portugal were doing was slow.
    The goal changed the game, thankfully. The 2nd half being all that you say it was.
    OK, you're right, the first half was Italy v anybody, but my sideways point was the second half was what an entertaining game of footie looks like and what packed football stadia before we started to copy the continentals. Can you remember the days when a team did nought but sought to attack and a fair tackle wasn't followed by screams of agony and Leeds were the only team whose manager taught his players the fine arts of diving and bullying the ref?

Ohh dear. Og of the tournament so far?

Croatia 1-0 Spain

A Bob Catlin?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Ohh dear. Og of the tournament so far?

Croatia 1-0 Spain
    I like the female commentator. Anyone know who she is?

Chelsea women’s manager - Emma Hayes

Page 13 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast