+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Anyone see the French last night?

They looked like they cut through any side at will. Despite all the German possession they never really looked threatening.
    I watched most of it, the French never really got into second gear, they're an impressive team like ours will be next season under IB.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If you have never been and get a chance to go to the Wimbledon Championships, go! One of it not the best sporting venues I've ever been to and I've done my fair share. It's magical when its bathed in sunshine. Plus you can take a couple of bottles of fizz in with you with some nibbles.

I'd recommend a ground pass on middle Saturday, or centre court on opening day but you will have to queue. Best day is the men's QFs without a doubt.

Best part is you can even go if you are from Nottingham
    We went a few years back, saw Mauresmo semi final and then Lindsay Davenport finish a match from the day before, went to watch Martina Navratilova knock up on a outside court in a mixed doubles before the heavens opened and play was abandoned for the day. Only saw 2 hours play.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Any cinic would say more people will mean more money for the businesses in London, now if it was held say in Birmingham would be a different ball game
    do you mean Hockey?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I watched most of it, the French never really got into second gear, they're an impressive team like ours will be next season under IB.

The French were excellent, a pleasure to watch. Not sure they were even trying in the 2nd half.

Thought this was about the Euro's not tennis

And yes I watched the game last night France will take some beating they were superb defensively Kante was everywhere as per normal Griesman looked a real footballer and Mbappe's pace wow

Quote Originally Posted by pjace View Post
    Thought this was about the Euro's not tennis

And yes I watched the game last night France will take some beating they were superb defensively Kante was everywhere as per normal Griesman looked a real footballer and Mbappe's pace wow
    It will certainly take a special kind of performance to beat them. As others have said I thought they were in complete cruise control
    Last edited by Notts78; 16-06-2021 at 10:50 AM.

For me, Italy have been the most impressive team so far - easy winners over supposed dark horses Turkey and could have scored five. Always looking to play on the front foot, too, which is great.

France always seem more concerned with grinding out wins than actually entertaining, which is fine of course but doesn't make them particularly enjoyable to watch - especially as they have so many great players throughout the side. Kante automatically makes any team better; what an incredible player he is.

Also, I was surprised that Ardley has turned up at Solihull, because I was convinced he was managing Spain given their recent performance against Sweden - 85% possession, but really tedious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    For me, Italy have been the most impressive team so far - easy winners over supposed dark horses Turkey and could have scored five. Always looking to play on the front foot, too, which is great.

France always seem more concerned with grinding out wins than actually entertaining, which is fine of course but doesn't make them particularly enjoyable to watch - especially as they have so many great players throughout the side. Kante automatically makes any team better; what an incredible player he is.

Also, I was surprised that Ardley has turned up at Solihull, because I was convinced he was managing Spain given their recent performance against Sweden - 85% possession, but really tedious to watch.
    Well done Wales as well. Good match, deserved win.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Well done Wales as well. Good match, deserved win.
    Terrific performance and a really fun game to watch. Aaron Ramsey is such a great player when he’s in that kind of form, shame he’s been so injury prone over the years.

Pleased for Wales, will have to support them if - as is always the case - Scotland go out.

These international kit protocols annoy me. Nobody watches in black & white anymore so why are Switzerland in white and not in red v Italy? The apparently enforced one colour strip replacing classic designs irritates me as well. I know UEFA officials read this board, so sort it out!

Anyway, we're about to find out if Italy are as good as we think they are, or if it was Turkey that made them look good.

Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast