+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    These international kit protocols annoy me. Nobody watches in black & white anymore so why are Switzerland in white and not in red v Italy? The apparently enforced one colour strip replacing classic designs irritates me as well. I know UEFA officials read this board, so sort it out!
    Maybe not the correct thread, but when Torquay played in blue and yellow why did we play in all blue FFS? It must be down to contractual obligations in away games, but black and white would have been much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Maybe not the correct thread, but when Torquay played in blue and yellow why did we play in all blue FFS? It must be down to contractual obligations in away games, but black and white would have been much better.
    Agree, it did make it much harder to distinguish with us in light blue.
    Seeing that we now stick with one sponsor all season for home and one for away (rather than change every month as we have for the previous few seasons), why don't they have a black & white striped kit with the away sponsor on it? We did this in the Warnock days when Home Ales sponsored us at home and McEwans away, we had a black & white shirt with McEwans so we didn't have to change colours every away game.

Italy through and only need a point v Wales to secure 1st place, so maybe they will rest a few.

Can see the Swiss beating Turkey by 2 goals, in which case Wales will just need to avoid losing by more than 2 to take 2nd. Wales may already have enough to go through, but they can't afford to risk not going for an equaliser if they fall behind.

It is a big disadvantage being in Groups A and B if you're looking to secure the 3rd spot pass having no idea what points or goal difference is required, unlike the other groups - with Group F having the luxury of being able to play for the absolute minimum. It's a major flaw with this 24 team format.

Italy through and only need a point v Wales to secure 1st place, so maybe they will rest a few.

Can see the Swiss beating Turkey by 2 goals, in which case Wales will just need to avoid losing by more than 2 to take 2nd. Wales may already have enough to go through, but they can't afford to risk not going for an equaliser if they fall behind.

It is a big disadvantage being in Groups A and B if you're looking to secure the 3rd spot pass having no idea what points or goal difference is required, unlike the other groups - with Group F having the luxury of being able to play for the absolute minimum. It's a major flaw with this 24 team format.
    Group A do have one advantage sadly. Whether you finish 1st (Italy) second (possibly Wales) you play teams that also finish in 2nd in groups B and C. Wales could be against someone like Finland whilst the winner of our group will definitely play one of France, Germany or Portugal (which ever finishes 2nd).l
    That said Italy are to be the same side of the draw as France and Belguim if they all win their respective groups.

North Macedonia on now. Nice shirts, something a bit different.

I miss Yugoslavia, they might have even won a tournament by now if that country hadn't degenerated into civil war - seeing that Croatia went as far as the World Cup final.

Ukraine have always been one of the most boring nations to watch, but they were good against Holland and have made a bright start here.

North Macedonia on now. Nice shirts, something a bit different.

I miss Yugoslavia, they might have even won a tournament by now if that country hadn't degenerated into civil war - seeing that Croatia went as far as the World Cup final.

Ukraine have always been one of the most boring nations to watch, but they were good against Holland and have made a bright start here.
    From an Italian perspective I'd keep an eye on Malinovsky (Atalanta) who has a ridiculously good long range shot, and Pandev who is one of the most intelligent footballers you'll ever see, has chosen to stay at Genoa for years despite them being crap, and has taken male pattern baldness to a new level by losing follicles in the shape of a cock and balls on the top of his head.

Tell me about it, they always had the players but maybe not the togetherness...last great team was 1990, I remember Stojkovic beating Spain

And their basketball team would be something else right now - Doncic, Jokic, Dragic, Bojan and Bogdan Bogdanovic etc. might even beat what the US have.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    From an Italian perspective I'd keep an eye on Malinovsky (Atalanta) who has a ridiculously good long range shot, and Pandev who is one of the most intelligent footballers you'll ever see, has chosen to stay at Genoa for years despite them being crap, and has taken male pattern baldness to a new level by losing follicles in the shape of a cock and balls on the top of his head.

Enjoying all of these penalty saves and misses. 5th spot kick awarded in this tournament and only one scored so far. Not a fan of pens unless they are given for preventing obvious, or near obvious goals

Not the Euro's, but it is international football. Possibly the most comical own goal of all time.....

https://twitter.com/i/status/1404985296505147394

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast