+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by lunaspie View Post
    If you missed how he boxed Muller in on that chance then watch the tape.
    We certainly sent the Germans packing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    Think some of the posters on here have been worn down with too many years of supporting Notts. .
    Hahaha yeah my Norwich supporting mate thinks I’ve got PTSD from supporting Notts. I didn’t really know how to celebrate a big win, too used to big games going the wrong way.

Still think that was a horrifically defensive starting line up. We weren’t playing 2011 Barcelona.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I attribute it to allowing Ed Sheeren into the camp to perform his bubble rap.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Hahaha yeah my Norwich supporting mate thinks I’ve got PTSD from supporting Notts. I didn’t really know how to celebrate a big win, too used to big games going the wrong way.

Still think that was a horrifically defensive starting line up. We weren’t playing 2011 Barcelona.
    Southgate has obviously had some sound advice from Ardley but hopefully some of the shackles might come off vs Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s actually well in excess of that if you see the results before the tournament
    I think it's more like 9 or 10 isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    They'll be dancing in the streets of Luton tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Grealish, better as a starter or an impact player?
    We've actually got a world class player there. Let's see if Southgate can work that out as the tourney progresses

Grealish defo made a difference, but I agree with Southgate's plan of using him as an impact sub so far. Cant really complain that we haven't let in s goal yet and have beat Germany? Ffs, what do people actually want? My mate said he'd rather see us go full out attack and lose....FCK that!! The whole point of international football is winning tournaments. I'd rather beat Croatia 1-0 and Germany 2-0 wtf???? Some people eh?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Grealish defo made a difference, but I agree with Southgate's plan of using him as an impact sub so far. Cant really complain that we haven't let in s goal yet and have beat Germany? Ffs, what do people actually want? My mate said he'd rather see us go full out attack and lose....FCK that!! The whole point of international football is winning tournaments. I'd rather beat Croatia 1-0 and Germany 2-0 wtf???? Some people eh?
    The whole thing reminds me of the Ardley situation with a moment or two of genius winning key games and not letting any goals in. Obviously on a very different level. But it has massive similarities. We will see how people feel about Southgate if we lose our next game 1-0 there are no magic moments and we put in another insipid performance. Simple as that. its fine if you are winning games but if you aren't your tenure will be short lived.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    The whole thing reminds me of the Ardley situation with a moment or two of genius winning key games and not letting any goals in. Obviously on a very different level. But it has massive similarities. We will see how people feel about Southgate if we lose our next game 1-0 there are no magic moments and we put in another insipid performance. Simple as that. its fine if you are winning games but if you aren't your tenure will be short lived.
    I really don’t understand how you can label that performance as insipid. I’m not getting carried away, but it was a lot better than insipid.

Germany had 3 chances, the biggest chance we created when Sterling gave the ball away. A shot from outside the box and one chance they created. England managed the game very well and scored 2 quality goals. Germany are still a very decent outfit.

Yesterday will give the squad so much confidence, we’ll get better.

Magic moment … we won!

Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast