+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020

Euro 2020

So that's what a capacity crowd sounds like (Hungary v Portugal). Surely that will put an end to commentators pretending quarter full stadiums are making the noise of a crowd three times larger. Every game I've watched so far, the atmosphere has been pathetic compared to what I've just witnessed.

I note that the Wimbledon Tennis championships will be allowed to have capacity crowds next month, Don't want to deny the posh people their fun though do we.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So that's what a capacity crowd sounds like (Hungary v Portugal). Surely that will put an end to commentators pretending quarter full stadiums are making the noise of a crowd three times larger. Every game I've watched so far, the atmosphere has been pathetic compared to what I've just witnessed.

I note that the Wimbledon Tennis championships will be allowed to have capacity crowds next month, Don't want to deny the posh people their fun though do we.
    Any cinic would say more people will mean more money for the businesses in London, now if it was held say in Birmingham would be a different ball game

If you have never been and get a chance to go to the Wimbledon Championships, go! One of it not the best sporting venues I've ever been to and I've done my fair share. It's magical when its bathed in sunshine. Plus you can take a couple of bottles of fizz in with you with some nibbles.

I'd recommend a ground pass on middle Saturday, or centre court on opening day but you will have to queue. Best day is the men's QFs without a doubt.

Best part is you can even go if you are from Nottingham

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post

Hey I love tennis and have been to Wimbledon a few times and I can assure you I ain’t posh!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If you have never been and get a chance to go to the Wimbledon Championships, go! One of it not the best sporting venues I've ever been to and I've done my fair share. It's magical when its bathed in sunshine. Plus you can take a couple of bottles of fizz in with you with some nibbles.

I'd recommend a ground pass on middle Saturday, or centre court on opening day but you will have to queue. Best day is the men's QFs without a doubt.

Best part is you can even go if you are from Nottingham
    I do enjoy watching tennis, but the difference in atmosphere on the show courts on the rare occasions they've been forced to play on the middle Sunday (due to bad weather) with spectators allowed in on a first come first served basis, suggests that it's mostly a very different class of person that are able to secure tickets for that event.

I'm not bothered about the class of the attendees. Anyone can camp overnight like I used to in order to get centre court tickets just behind the players seats, just as anyone can queue during the day to get in.

The venue is one of a kind, a real experience and a great full day out. If you are lucky enough to see a thriller on any court it's amazing.

Are we sure that ".... the Wimbledon Tennis championships will be allowed to have capacity crowds next month", I didn't think it had been announced.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I'm not bothered about the class of the attendees. Anyone can camp overnight like I used to in order to get centre court tickets just behind the players seats, just as anyone can queue during the day to get in.

The venue is one of a kind, a real experience and a great full day out. If you are lucky enough to see a thriller on any court it's amazing.

Are we sure that ".... the Wimbledon Tennis championships will be allowed to have capacity crowds next month", I didn't think it had been announced.
    Never been best I ever did was the Nottingham open a couple of times back in the day ( I did see Tim Henman lose) and Robbie Savage was there on ladies day ha ha. Oh and Rod Stewart at Rod Laver arena in Melbourne. I never thought I would enjoy Wimbledon much but youve sold it well.

Good points UTM.

Posh sport

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN.

I bet Boiris will be there sipping on Pimm's, the ****.

Anyone see the French last night?

They looked like they cut through any side at will. Despite all the German possession they never really looked threatening.

A good friend of mine went to Wimbledon, said it was great and to see it close up on centre court he said the speed and skill on show were a different level seeing it in the flesh. If you don't like posh people then **** em ha ha.

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast