+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trialists

Trialists

Has anyone any idea how many trialists over the years have actually turned into first team players i say this because yes we have them every year but the wording of the article was we are taking in trialists and hunting the market for signings Were we too ambitous with our targets, lost them and are now looking again because i think we need another striker to support wooton, a CM and a RWB who could be in contention for a place immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Goapie View Post
    Has anyone any idea how many trialists over the years have actually turned into first team players i say this because yes we have them every year but the wording of the article was we are taking in trialists and hunting the market for signings Were we too ambitous with our targets, lost them and are now looking again because i think we need another striker to support wooton, a CM and a RWB who could be in contention for a place immediately
    Why don’t we wait until the season starts before panicking or dissecting what we have, have not, may have or may not have done?
    Inevitably we will miss out on targets. That happen at all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Why don’t we wait until the season starts before panicking or dissecting what we have, have not, may have or may not have done?
    Inevitably we will miss out on targets. That happen at all levels.
    IF, everything goes according to plan, I think there will be some good signings announced over the next week or so.

Wasn’t DKE a trialist? He’s certainly turned into a first teamer.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    IF, everything goes according to plan, I think there will be some good signings announced over the next week or so.
    Yes. IB seemed pretty confident Monday/Tuesday one or two will be complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Goapie View Post
    Pretty much everyone at the game against Arnold Town under Moniz. Apart from Shwan Jalal....if that was him in goal!

Quote Originally Posted by rorylee View Post
    Pretty much everyone at the game against Arnold Town under Moniz. Apart from Shwan Jalal....if that was him in goal!
    Seems Kyle Bennet is training with us and may play today. No radio or stream today, so we'll have to rely on FaceAche and Tw@tter, plus any updates from the lads who have attended.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Seems Kyle Bennet is training with us and may play today. No radio or stream today, so we'll have to rely on FaceAche and Tw@tter, plus any updates from the lads who have attended.
    Kyle Bennett's Wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kyle_Bennett_(footballer)

Bennett was class in that Portsmouth team (with Doyle as it happens). Really classy playmaker.

Something seems to have gone wrong with him the last couple of years at Bristol Rovers and Grimsby, but he’s potentially far too good for this level. Could be a decent one.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Bennett was class in that Portsmouth team (with Doyle as it happens). Really classy playmaker.

Something seems to have gone wrong with him the last couple of years at Bristol Rovers and Grimsby, but he’s potentially far too good for this level. Could be a decent one.
    If this were true it would give me the very same concerns as those brought up by Casper Sloth. Clearly something wrong with him. 30 years old. It’s a no from me.

That we’re now looking at these type of players is slightly concerning and suggests we’ve missed out on all our primary targets.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast