+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657

Thread: Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I think he meant that is as good as Italy can be. As a young squad still learning he believes England can still be better. The fact that we lost on penalties would suggest that it won’t be long until we are better than Italy.
    The squad we have could compete for the next 6-8 years. Italy will lose arguably 2 of the best CB’s in world football within 2 years. Any ideas who could replace them?
    We have players like Grealish, Foden, Sancho, Sako and Mount who have a handful of caps now but come the next Euros I guarantee they will further along in their development. Along with many in the current squad.
    The emergence of players like Grealish, Foden and Sako has thrown a positive spanner in the works. How do we get the best out of these players? Southgate was never going to let them all loose without being certain that the system would still work defensively. Another development point.
    The beauty of this England squad is it can get better. Time will tell as to whether it will and to what level.
    I don't know about that. They've got a fairly young team too if you take the two centre halves out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Penalties are a lottery in the same way that the playoffs are a lottery.

i.e. Not at all.
    Davy turn your eyes away it won't make pleasant reading for you.

Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657