+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O. T. Nissan

O. T. Nissan

See Nissan plans big investment in Sunderland plant, lots of jobs promised. Good news for Waalsendmick.

for the region.

Lord knows it's needed.

Hopefully attract some more good hard working people back to the area, dilute the stench of unemployed Mackem when the window blows in the wrong direction! hahaha

F**k those people, toothless cretins.

I hear Adam Jones is getting out soon, they've thrown a 2 year Conny his way.

Out of the nonce wing into the gutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannylad View Post
    See Nissan plans big investment in Sunderland plant, lots of jobs promised. Good news for Waalsendmick.
    Aye, great news for the area (when football rivalry isn't an issue then I want the region to do well)

Impossible. Brexit means Nissan will pack up and leave the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Impossible. Brexit means Nissan will pack up and leave the UK.
    True. I expect the British Isles to slowly sink into the sea and disappear now that we have left the EU.

I appreciate your sentiment, but...

I turn 50 later this year and have worked round the clock shifts for 32 yrs already...

I work in the engine shop, hopefully engines will cease to be built at our place in around 5, 6 or 7 yrs time... (ideally 5) because I would love early retirement with a redundancy package to supplement my pension....

Either way... we are guaranteed 5 yrs work and that can take me nicely to an early life of leisure....

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    I appreciate your sentiment, but...

I turn 50 later this year and have worked round the clock shifts for 32 yrs already...

I work in the engine shop, hopefully engines will cease to be built at our place in around 5, 6 or 7 yrs time... (ideally 5) because I would love early retirement with a redundancy package to supplement my pension....

Either way... we are guaranteed 5 yrs work and that can take me nicely to an early life of leisure....
    Yes I get your gist, I was a slave to shift work for years, it plays havoc with your health. Fortunately for the last 15 years of my work life I fell into work with a great company who worked strictly days, 'kin paradise.

My shift allowance is 38%.... on top of an already good wage... I am trapped by the shifts....

At least until the laddie has done his 3 yrs at uni

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)