+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Worst Car You've Ever Owned

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Mrs. CA had a lime green Allegro when I met her and I managed to impress her with my brand new British Racing Green Rover 214i (company car). 30 years on I wish I'd kept the Austin Metro
    Metros were great cars,bought and solid dozens of them,still quite cheap if you can find one !

Morris Marina Coupe - gear change like stirring porridge, rust bucket and around a 1 in 10 chance of starting first time - absolute heap

colleague who restores old/classic cars brought one back to life - I saw him working on it and questioned why - they were 5hit the first time around, why bring them back to life? He took it in good humour - said it kept him busy/away from his wife!

In 1985 was out of work and skint,so bought a Talbot Alpine for £150,it had no heater(and it was winter),rattled like f*ck,as was almost impossible to get any gear.
    We went out in it on Christmas eve so some reason around Kimberworth,was ar bottom of fellowsfield way going to Colin when it flatly refused to engage any gear at all,so we pushed it into the pub carpark.
    My brother and I went back Christmas day to get the heap going,gear linkage had come off,what a horrible car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123