+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lifeline pay for new pitch & more

Lifeline pay for new pitch & more

Lifeline has made a donation of more than £90,000 to cover the cost of essential maintenance work on the Meadow Lane playing surface – and much more!

Every year Lifeline provides tremendous financial support to the club thanks to its 2,500 members, who pay £2 a week to be in with a chance of winning weekly and annual cash prizes while also qualifying for a host of exclusive benefits.

And this summer the club has received another large sum to fund the following projects:

Essential pitch maintenance at Meadow Lane, including new undersoil drainage
    Renovation work at our Holme Road training facility
    Ongoing scoreboard maintenance
    Network cabling around the stadium
    Our chief executive, Jason Turner, said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to the Lifeline committee and all members for their ongoing hard work and support.

“I can’t stress enough how much Lifeline is appreciated by the board and how pleased we all are that the membership remains at full capacity.

“While, frustratingly, timeframes have dictated that for a second successive year we have been unable to conduct a long-awaited full renovation of the Meadow Lane playing surface, we have with Lifeline’s help managed to carry out works on our drainage system which should significantly reduce the risk of waterlogging next season.

“Part of the donation will also go towards ensuring our players will continue to enjoy the use of a brilliant training surface at Holme Road, too, which I’m sure all members will be delighted to hear.

“In terms of our scoreboards, the costs of our ongoing maintenance contract are covered by this donation, while the money has also supported our efforts to improve the network cabling at Meadow Lane which will provide our staff with better internet and also minimise connection issues in areas such as tea bars and hospitality.

“If you’re not a member, I would urge you to join the waiting list as soon as possible. A list of benefits ahead of the 2021-22 season will be confirmed very soon.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-160621/

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Lifeline has made a donation of more than £90,000 to cover the cost of essential maintenance work on the Meadow Lane playing surface – and much more!

Every year Lifeline provides tremendous financial support to the club thanks to its 2,500 members, who pay £2 a week to be in with a chance of winning weekly and annual cash prizes while also qualifying for a host of exclusive benefits.

And this summer the club has received another large sum to fund the following projects:

Essential pitch maintenance at Meadow Lane, including new undersoil drainage
    Renovation work at our Holme Road training facility
    Ongoing scoreboard maintenance
    Network cabling around the stadium
    Our chief executive, Jason Turner, said: “I would like to say a huge thank you to the Lifeline committee and all members for their ongoing hard work and support.

“I can’t stress enough how much Lifeline is appreciated by the board and how pleased we all are that the membership remains at full capacity.

“While, frustratingly, timeframes have dictated that for a second successive year we have been unable to conduct a long-awaited full renovation of the Meadow Lane playing surface, we have with Lifeline’s help managed to carry out works on our drainage system which should significantly reduce the risk of waterlogging next season.

“Part of the donation will also go towards ensuring our players will continue to enjoy the use of a brilliant training surface at Holme Road, too, which I’m sure all members will be delighted to hear.

“In terms of our scoreboards, the costs of our ongoing maintenance contract are covered by this donation, while the money has also supported our efforts to improve the network cabling at Meadow Lane which will provide our staff with better internet and also minimise connection issues in areas such as tea bars and hospitality.

“If you’re not a member, I would urge you to join the waiting list as soon as possible. A list of benefits ahead of the 2021-22 season will be confirmed very soon.”

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...update-160621/

Why are the numbers that we can sign up for Lifeline limited? Is it some footy rule or something we ourselves set down?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Why are the numbers that we can sign up for Lifeline limited? Is it some footy rule or something we ourselves set down?
    I thought the same, I’m on the waiting list. Someone may be able to advise?

Great scheme though, well done to those who run Lifeline.

Lifeline history
    Monday 15 September 1986 was one of the most significant occasions in the long history of Notts County Football Club.

This was the night that 1500 supporters packed into the Astoria Ballroom with hundreds locked outside as they gathered to hear of the financial crisis that threatened the future of the club.

Notts had been struggling financially for a long time and it was only the financial support of then chairman Jack Dunnett that enabled the club to continue.

At the time of the meeting the club's debt had reached £1.8million, which would not have been dissimilar to the figure involved when the club went into administration in 2003.

Just as there was tremendous enthusiasm shown by Notts fans during the 2003 crisis, so it was then.

The players were all on the platform, led by captain Steve Sims, pledging their support and listened to the speeches from amongst others Tommy Lawton, Don Masson and Jimmy Sirrel.

To rousing cheers, Sirrel said: "With the passion you are showing tonight there is no chance the club will die."

John Mounteney, Notts' former vice-chairman said on the night: "We are staggered to find so many people turning out for Notts County. The club belongs to you.

"We as directors are just stewards of an institution that has been running 120 years and it is our duty to preserve it for the generations of supporters to come."

And so Lifeline was launched with John Mounteney as chairman, backed by the tremendous enthusiasm from Neil Hook and Les Bradd, and membership numbers were soon approaching the maximum 2,500.

33 years later, following a surge in support amid the 2020 coronavirus pandemic, Lifeline membership hit full capacity for the very first time, leading to the introduction of a waiting list for new members - which soon filled up!

The wave of new joiners means the scheme, which has contributed over £3million to the club since its formation, is thriving more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Any more and I believe it's classed as a lottery so a whole bunch of rules then apply