+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Latest scam on Santander accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Roly has had three texts from the hairdresser that he thinks are a scam, that’s why he looks like Jim Royal
    PMSL Gm... It would be nice if I had some hair to dress!

I had the 79.99 one from Amazon today Brin. Earlier on I had Sky on Supposedly refunding me £300. I told the them this has to be a scam I dont even have sky, She had the cheek to say dont say its a scam just put the phone down.

They seem to come in batches for me. i dont hear owt for a month or so then I get 3 or 4 on the same day.There is a call block on BT but when you get to a hundred you have to free one up to put another on.

There needs to be more done about these scams on the phone. I can't believe in this day and age more cant be done, the scammers are truly taking the piss and feck all is done about it.

I dread to think how mi old mum would have coped with these phone scams if she had still been alive. I think I would have had to her phone disconnected but I suppose they would only turn up at her door then.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 16-06-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Yes if the bird on phone had said you have qualified for a free £5 bet he”d have given his details and his password cardigan123 out straight away…!.
    ....nice try Calrkey but my password is cardigan 12345.....oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CAM it is then....
    After someone mentioned them today I was going to show you the Bugatti Veyron parked on the drive but Mrs. CA has taken it for its $20K oil change

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    After someone mentioned them today I was going to show you the Bugatti Veyron parked on the drive but Mrs. CA has taken it for its $20K oil change
    Put a S in front of CAM, what do we have

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ....nice try Calrkey but my password is cardigan 12345.....oops!
    ....don't tell him Pike..................

I don't get them. Just set your mobile to only allow call from numbers in your contact list...............ignore any text from people you don't recognise.

I use the App Mr Number as well just in case................
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 16-06-2021 at 11:43 PM.

complained last year to bt about the amount of spam calls. they put a blocker on.
    If a rogue call gets through, I just dial a 4 digit number and it adds it to a blocked list. get next to none now.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    complained last year to bt about the amount of spam calls. they put a blocker on.
    If a rogue call gets through, I just dial a 4 digit number and it adds it to a blocked list. get next to none now.
    I'm with BT crash but you will found it will only block you up to 100 calls so you will be ok for a while but then after that you have to remove one to put another one on so technically that frees old scammers up to try to scam you again. For me there should be an unlimited amount of calls you can block ideally.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'm with BT crash but you will found it will only block you up to 100 calls so you will be ok for a while but then after that you have to remove one to put another one on so technically that frees old scammers up to try to scam you again. For me there should be an unlimited amount of calls you can block ideally.
    If you don't recognise the number don't answer it, probably a computer and once they know it's a "live" number by answering they pass it on to others.

Had 5 calls today, 2 times from same number, just looked at number & knocked it off.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast