+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Latest scam on Santander accounts.

O/T Latest scam on Santander accounts.

Hi all, I received a text approx 15 minutes ago asking me to call back on a certain number, mobile of all things, and I would be put through to a Santander representative. I ignored it.

Just now received a phone call stating it was the Santander fraud dept asking me to call back on 0808 280 1101 as there has been suspected fraud on one of my accounts. Once connected I would receive a 3 digit code and I wasn't to share this with anyone until I was put through to another fraud dept colleague. I had the commonsense to also ignore this call and just let it play itself out.

I've just called Santander on the correct customer number to confirm I have not had fraud committed on any of my accounts. All was checked out and all was fine. I also confirmed that it wasn't Santanders practice to text or call any customer at any time, this was also confirmed. They only contact customers by mail. I know we all think we are savvy enough to be on our toes but this whole episode was followed up and came across so slick, don't fall for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Hi all, I received a text approx 15 minutes ago asking me to call back on a certain number, mobile of all things, and I would be put through to a Santander representative. I ignored it.

Just now received a phone call stating it was the Santander fraud dept asking me to call back on 0808 280 1101 as there has been suspected fraud on one of my accounts. Once connected I would receive a 3 digit code and I wasn't to share this with anyone until I was put through to another fraud dept colleague. I had the commonsense to also ignore this call and just let it play itself out.

I've just called Santander on the correct customer number to confirm I have not had fraud committed on any of my accounts. All was checked out and all was fine. I also confirmed that it wasn't Santanders practice to text or call any customer at any time, this was also confirmed. They only contact customers by mail. I know we all think we are savvy enough to be on our toes but this whole episode was followed up and came across so slick, don't fall for it.
    Yes some very convincing ones about

They've got to get up early in the morning to catch you out Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Geetarman View Post
    They've got to get up early in the morning to catch you out Brin
    Geets, seriously it was so slick and back to back from the text to the call in a matter of minutes and the woman's voice they used was almost on a par with voice they use on the real Santander line. Just giving folks older than me the heads up

....feck me I've just had another one from the same number!!! I can't believe it! Is it you Geets?

Been having them from Santander fraud people, I can't print the language I give them,
    been having Royal Mail & Amazon & Sky gave them the same language, plus the texts
    I kept getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Been having them from Santander fraud people, I can't print the language I give them,
    been having Royal Mail & Amazon & Sky gave them the same language, plus the texts
    I kept getting.
    Woman on television said they did her for £120,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Woman on television said they did her for £120,000.
    Brin has much more than that, it seems they are concentrating on the super rich

Maybe a Ladbrokes scam will work on Brin?

Or from NASA?

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Brin has much more than that, it seems they are concentrating on the super rich
    They must have thought I was Brin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast