+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bottle moving

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How about an advert I saw the other night.

All about 'Uncle Ben's' rice that was created in 1943 (78 tears ago) and consumed in tonnes by the American Army in 1945. Since then Billions of packets have been sold all over the States and consumed by all races.

Now, they are advertising that 'Uncle Ben's' isn't being removed from production but has been rebranded just Ben's original whilst also removing the black gentleman from the packet. In all honesty I don't care if they put an eskimo on the packet so long as they can still supply it.

If we really are looking to support and promote race equality can I ask why, they recently in someones wisdom, released the new Eddie Murphy film 'Returning to America' film where he's painted up to play a white Jewish man? You daren't mention the Black and White Minstrels show but there goes Murphy painted up as a white man........and they are looking for equality!
    Last edited by Brin; 16-06-2021 at 08:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If we really are looking to support and promote race equality can I ask why, they recently in someones wisdom, released the new Eddie Murphy film 'Returning to America' film where he's painted up to play a white Jewish man? You daren't mention the Black and White Minstrels show but there goes Murphy painted up as a white man........and they are looking for equality!
    Who is "they"?

In regards to why things are different, its about context. The minstrels show was created to caricature and ridicule black people with a background context of slavery. Whiteface does not have the same historic connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Who is "they"?

In regards to why things are different, its about context. The minstrels show was created to caricature and ridicule black people with a background context of slavery. Whiteface does not have the same historic connotations.
    Complete woke bull****

I was sorry to hear of your recent experiences Grist. I wish you a full recovery and hope you manage to make the most of life and be happy.

Who is "they"?

John, do you really want me to answer that? Do you want me to say the blacks, would that make 'you' feel better? Read the post as it is read by others with no complaint as they know who I am referring to. It was a snap post so chill out Mister and have a red wine.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-06-2021 at 07:43 PM.

John, do you really want me to answer that? Do you want me to say the blacks, would that make 'you' feel better? Read the post as it is read by others with no complaint as they know who I am referring to. It was a snap post so chill out Mister and have a red wine.
    Or for once just think about it rather than being the Pavlov dog

I didn't and still dont know who you were referring to.

If someone referred to "the whites" having a collective opinion, would you feel it was appropriate for people with opinions as contrasting as say mine and grist's being lumped together based on nothing more than skin pigment?

I wondered if you meant the "wokeists" or any of the buzz words the right wing media likes to push that people then mindlessly parrot whilst acusing others of being unable to think for themselves without even a hint of irony.

I didn't and still dont know who you were referring to.

If someone referred to "the whites" having a collective opinion, would you feel it was appropriate for people with opinions as contrasting as say mine and grist's being lumped together based on nothing more than skin pigment?

I wondered if you meant the "wokeists" or any of the buzz words the right wing media likes to push that people then mindlessly parrot whilst acusing others of being unable to think for themselves without even a hint of irony.
    Not getting involved with this puerile thread where grown ups are actually, genuinely outraged that a top sportsman wants to use his influence to suggest that kids should drink water instead of liquid sugar as the sponsors want, but I just wanted to giggle along with you at the irony of people that are clearly reading the same websites and using the language the websites use (sheep/sheeple) accusing other people of not thinking for themselves

Ooh Eskimo

Can’t say that Brin

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Ooh Eskimo

Can’t say that Brin
    Will Eskimo Nell have to change her name then.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast