+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bottle moving

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    If we really are looking to support and promote race equality can I ask why, they recently in someones wisdom, released the new Eddie Murphy film 'Returning to America' film where he's painted up to play a white Jewish man? You daren't mention the Black and White Minstrels show but there goes Murphy painted up as a white man........and they are looking for equality!
    Who is "they"?

In regards to why things are different, its about context. The minstrels show was created to caricature and ridicule black people with a background context of slavery. Whiteface does not have the same historic connotations.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Who is "they"?

In regards to why things are different, its about context. The minstrels show was created to caricature and ridicule black people with a background context of slavery. Whiteface does not have the same historic connotations.
    Complete woke bull****

I was sorry to hear of your recent experiences Grist. I wish you a full recovery and hope you manage to make the most of life and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Sooner be teetotal than sup Heineken

One of the best premium lagers going over 5% and not like the dross that’s most pubs serve up with carling, fosters, Carlsberg, Amstel and a watered down Stella. Heineken every time for me.

Uefa warns teams could be fined if they move drinks at news conferences

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57517337

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Sooner be teetotal than sup Heineken
    Can’t disagree it’s awful stuff

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    One of the best premium lagers going over 5% and not like the dross that’s most pubs serve up with carling, fosters, Carlsberg, Amstel and a watered down Stella. Heineken every time for me.
    So why are you not called ilikeheineken then

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Who is "they"?

John, do you really want me to answer that? Do you want me to say the blacks, would that make 'you' feel better? Read the post as it is read by others with no complaint as they know who I am referring to. It was a snap post so chill out Mister and have a red wine.
    Last edited by Brin; 17-06-2021 at 07:43 PM.

John, do you really want me to answer that? Do you want me to say the blacks, would that make 'you' feel better? Read the post as it is read by others with no complaint as they know who I am referring to. It was a snap post so chill out Mister and have a red wine.
    Or for once just think about it rather than being the Pavlov dog

I didn't and still dont know who you were referring to.

If someone referred to "the whites" having a collective opinion, would you feel it was appropriate for people with opinions as contrasting as say mine and grist's being lumped together based on nothing more than skin pigment?

I wondered if you meant the "wokeists" or any of the buzz words the right wing media likes to push that people then mindlessly parrot whilst acusing others of being unable to think for themselves without even a hint of irony.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast