+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Furlough outlines Tony stewart ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Also the players aren't to come back in shape.

As I'm guessing the fitness plans pw and the staff has given the players will class as work.

Tony Stewart has specifically said the players won't be doing any work.
    Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Are you for real?
    Goverment guidelines.
    You don't think Mr Stewart would break yhe law do you.

Goverment guidelines.
    Keeping yourself fit in line with a personal plan is not against the law whether furloughed or otherwise so no, Mr Stewart would not be breaking the law.

Goverment guidelines.
    Would help explain zero signings to date. Can only furlough existing employees.

According to PW in the Tiser, he seems happy with the squad....................

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    According to PW in the Tiser, he seems happy with the squad....................
    He might be

But will the fans be happy?

Sounds like “ towing the company line”

At the moment we have a great squad for league 1,as long as nobody leaves.

The squad as it stands will be very much able to compete at the top end of league one, know each other inside out and as a core team, if we keep them together, will be able to push for promotion and as they did last season largely hold their own in most situations in the championship.

The issue I have is that the OP is right. Furloughing is very much a sign of ambition. It is not as clear cjg as others have made out as other clubs simply are not doing it. The message it sends to current staff and would be recruits is very poor.

We need, providing no one leaves, four players for next season. I think we need another striker with a lot of pace + Josh to give us 4 options.

We need two recruits at the back as a minimum and we need a new middle of the park midfielder who ideally would have a left sided bias.

Those players are out there, out of contract now in some cases, yet we will wait and wait and wait to the point that as usual we will be too late or full of hot air.

The lack or proper acquisitions over 5 seasons now followed by the furloughing scheme ( I still think TS hasn't taken a loan) is all the proof you need that we are being run as a going concern and nowt else.

Citizen , agree with your last two paragraphs completely. Be prepared to be underwhelmed. Chairman didn’t do enough last season and it mirrored the previous season in the championship. Lack of transfer activity in the jan transfer window.

What complete bo!!ocks. 'Look what I'd do with someone else's money'

We're in the middle of a pandemic. Clubs have not received cash for tickets and other match day revenue for yonks. There's fans at every club in the country saying 'if only we did this' or 'we only did that'.

For the majority of my lifetime we've been a mediocre 3rd division club. We effectively went out of business not so long ago and then along came Tony Stewart. No ambition yet we're now could be regarded as a yo-yo club between the 2nd division and 3rd division.

The bloke has built a stadium we can be proud to call our home and crowds are higher than they ever were under the likes of Henson, Kerr, Knill, Cusack, McEwan etc. He's always thrown considerable sponsorship money at the club yet you think it's OK to come on here and criticise.

We can all choose a number at the Roulette wheel and get lucky but I for respect and appreciate the way he runs the club. If he's running it as a going concern it displays to me, the club is in good hands. Why some of you keep harping about the furlough scheme is embarrassing. If the club wasn't using the scheme that they are entitled to use, I'd be asking why not.

If Tony Stewart walks away tomorrow, I'm pretty sure he'll do alright from it and won't be out of pocket.

Having an astute businessman running the show has steered this club through times that were a pipedream 15 years ago.

People should show a bit more more respect or at least wise up a little.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast