+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Furlough outlines Tony stewart ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    What complete bo!!ocks. 'Look what I'd do with someone else's money'

We're in the middle of a pandemic. Clubs have not received cash for tickets and other match day revenue for yonks. There's fans at every club in the country saying 'if only we did this' or 'we only did that'.

For the majority of my lifetime we've been a mediocre 3rd division club. We effectively went out of business not so long ago and then along came Tony Stewart. No ambition yet we're now could be regarded as a yo-yo club between the 2nd division and 3rd division.

The bloke has built a stadium we can be proud to call our home and crowds are higher than they ever were under the likes of Henson, Kerr, Knill, Cusack, McEwan etc. He's always thrown considerable sponsorship money at the club yet you think it's OK to come on here and criticise.

We can all choose a number at the Roulette wheel and get lucky but I for respect and appreciate the way he runs the club. If he's running it as a going concern it displays to me, the club is in good hands. Why some of you keep harping about the furlough scheme is embarrassing. If the club wasn't using the scheme that they are entitled to use, I'd be asking why not.

If Tony Stewart walks away tomorrow, I'm pretty sure he'll do alright from it and won't be out of pocket.

Having an astute businessman running the show has steered this club through times that were a pipedream 15 years ago.

People should show a bit more more respect or at least wise up a little.
    Totally agree. Well said. All clubs are in uncharted waters. People should be very careful what they wish for.
    Furlough is nothing to do with intent. It’s about offsetting losses which through no one’s fault is creating financial hardship.
    Many companies are doing it.
    My only criticism is that being of communicating to the fans in a timely manner, as silence creates speculation, but he is the boss, not me.

Tony Stewart is an astute businessman who has saved our club from the abyss and wants the club to survive long term. I would not dream of telling him, or anyone else how to run his affairs. He owns the club and makes all the decisions.

I am sure at some point he would like someone to share the burden, maybe not, but, we have a great Chairman who absolutely wants the best for Rotherham United. Even better he is a local man, in it for the long haul, not here today gone tomorrow.

Please get behind our club. We nearly lost this club once and that would be disastrous for me, for the fans and for the town.

1...Other clubs are utilising the Taxpayers funded Furlough scheme, or at least they're trying to.

2...The players have to agree to be furloughed, you just can't lay them off, in our case it appears the players have agreed.
    If it's good enough for the likes of Wetherspoons and others to use Furlough it's good enough for our business.

3..As far as I'm aware the players will be back at Roundwood training ground at the end of the month so won't be available for taxpayers cash after that.

4.. It's not lack of ambition, it's using the available system to aid cash flow problems.

5..Most players will keep fit as far as possible .
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 18-06-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Totally agree. Well said. All clubs are in uncharted waters. People should be very careful what they wish for.
    Furlough is nothing to do with intent. It’s about offsetting losses which through no one’s fault is creating financial hardship.
    Many companies are doing it.
    My only criticism is that being of communicating to the fans in a timely manner, as silence creates speculation, but he is the boss, not me.

Tony Stewart is an astute businessman who has saved our club from the abyss and wants the club to survive long term. I would not dream of telling him, or anyone else how to run his affairs. He owns the club and makes all the decisions.

I am sure at some point he would like someone to share the burden, maybe not, but, we have a great Chairman who absolutely wants the best for Rotherham United. Even better he is a local man, in it for the long haul, not here today gone tomorrow.

Please get behind our club. We nearly lost this club once and that would be disastrous for me, for the fans and for the town.
    . I back this club by buying a season ticket, by not asking for a refund on the season ticket for league one . I back this club when I’m sitting in the stands but that doesn’t mean I Carnt criticise the chairman.

What’s the opposite of ‘happy clapper’?

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    What complete bo!!ocks. 'Look what I'd do with someone else's money'

We're in the middle of a pandemic. Clubs have not received cash for tickets and other match day revenue for yonks. There's fans at every club in the country saying 'if only we did this' or 'we only did that'.

For the majority of my lifetime we've been a mediocre 3rd division club. We effectively went out of business not so long ago and then along came Tony Stewart. No ambition yet we're now could be regarded as a yo-yo club between the 2nd division and 3rd division.

The bloke has built a stadium we can be proud to call our home and crowds are higher than they ever were under the likes of Henson, Kerr, Knill, Cusack, McEwan etc. He's always thrown considerable sponsorship money at the club yet you think it's OK to come on here and criticise.

We can all choose a number at the Roulette wheel and get lucky but I for respect and appreciate the way he runs the club. If he's running it as a going concern it displays to me, the club is in good hands. Why some of you keep harping about the furlough scheme is embarrassing. If the club wasn't using the scheme that they are entitled to use, I'd be asking why not.

If Tony Stewart walks away tomorrow, I'm pretty sure he'll do alright from it and won't be out of pocket.

Having an astute businessman running the show has steered this club through times that were a pipedream 15 years ago.

People should show a bit more more respect or at least wise up a little.
    I think howdy you will find we live in a democracy where it’s ok to have a different opinion. Maybe you don’t agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    . I back this club by buying a season ticket, by not asking for a refund on the season ticket for league one . I back this club when I’m sitting in the stands but that doesn’t mean I Carnt criticise the chairman.
    Yeah, so under this chairman we’ve gained the new stadium we all craved for 2 decades under Booth, raised our standing in the game to a higher level overall since the 1960’s, attracted higher sustained levels of support also since the 1960’s and have a stable management structure headed by one of the most admired managers in the lower leagues. we,ve also seen more promotion seasons in the last 10 years than in our entire previous history combined. All of this while battling against the greatest financial imbalance between leagues that has ever existed.

Yeah, what a **** our Chairman is. How dare he not be absolutely perfect and have us up with Man City by now.

Howdy you talk about we are in the middle of a pandemic and that’s true so I can understand why the purse strings tightened this season but what bout the previous championship season when in the jan transfer window we brought in Matt crooks and nobody else. Did the club do enough? . You also talk about being a yo yo club well we have already lost a good player because of that . Who else will we lose?. We have no long term plan and just wing every season. I’m not asking for million pound players.

I think howdy you will find we live in a democracy where it’s ok to have a different opinion. Maybe you don’t agree.
    Of course you're entitled to an opinion. Doesn't mean that opinion's not bo!!ocks though.

On this thread you get a cigar for spouting utter shyte.

Howdy you talk about we are in the middle of a pandemic and that’s true so I can understand why the purse strings tightened this season but what bout the previous championship season when in the jan transfer window we brought in Matt crooks and nobody else. Did the club do enough? . You also talk about being a yo yo club well we have already lost a good player because of that . Who else will we lose?. We have no long term plan and just wing every season. I’m not asking for million pound players.
    Reference my Roulette wheel comment. Every club should just have bought this player or that player. No guarantees in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Yeah, so under this chairman we’ve gained the new stadium we all craved for 2 decades under Booth, raised our standing in the game to a higher level overall since the 1960’s, attracted higher sustained levels of support also since the 1960’s and have a stable management structure headed by one of the most admired managers in the lower leagues. we,ve also seen more promotion seasons in the last 10 years than in our entire previous history combined. All of this while battling against the greatest financial imbalance between leagues that has ever existed.

Yeah, what a **** our Chairman is. How dare he not be absolutely perfect and have us up with Man City by now.

I’ve not called our chairman any names . You are another one against free speech I take it .has for playing Man City it’s the chairman’s ambition to play in the premiership. He tells us every season.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast