+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rafa

I liked the man but his football is very negative. He doesnt drive Everton forward. Bad move for them. Having him back? No absolutely no. We got same football at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Rafa would only return to us if he was allowed to (re)start a project, involving a transformation of the club in its entirety. For that reason, him returning would be excellent.
    I understand people criticizing his style of football but if he won something with us, I wouldn’t care.
    He’s certainly a manager who could galvanize the club, supporters and city into one force which is all that is needed for success at Newcastle.

Rafa is a hugely capable manager, managing the whole club and not just the coaching aspects on the pitch.
    This is absolutely spot on. Bang on.

I agree, some of the football, especially in that first season back up was awful to watch BUT...those last 5 months when he had Almiron buzzing around and Perez and Rondon were linking up well up front-and he was getting the best out of Sean Longstaff...and the whole team were so well-drilled defensively-we actually played some really good stuff and were entertaining to watch.

But life is about balance and, for what Rafa offered in terms of, as you say, uniting the supporters, the club and the city and offering hope, I'd happily accept his more functional football as a compromise.

He got us...and we got him and, much as a lot of folk don't understand that, that's important to us.

Might not happen,Everton fans don't like his defensive football,a lot of anti Rafa tweets and posters outside the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Might not happen,Everton fans don't like his defensive football,a lot of anti Rafa tweets and posters outside the ground.
    It’s hard enough to start work at a new club without a lot of the supporters against you from the off. He had this at Chelski too.
    I thought he would go to Wolves, especially with all those players also from the Iberian Peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    It’s hard enough to start work at a new club without a lot of the supporters against you from the off. He had this at Chelski too.
    I thought he would go to Wolves, especially with all those players also from the Iberian Peninsula.
    Unfortunately that criteria didn't put Bruce and a good few of his predecessors from coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    No i wouldnt and i know a lot of other fans who feel the same.
    I agree - backwards step imo.We need someone young with fresh ideas.Frank Lampard would be a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    I agree - backwards step imo.We need someone young with fresh ideas.Frank Lampard would be a good shout.
    I would happily have Frank Lampard here but he'll be aware that Ashley won't back him in the transfer market so wouldn't come

While Ashley stays, we may as well stick with Bruce....

We just need somebody to keep checking the club for a pulse, because the majority of the time it is a lifeless corpse of a club!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacapus View Post
    We need someone young with fresh ideas.
    It’s an often used phrase but what would someone with fresh ideas be able to do at SDFC under Ashley?
    Our club is in a state of decay from the pitch to the boardroom to the training facilities and stadium. It needs the fundamentals looked after first before anything else.

Not sure Lampard is suited to you lot, he spent upwards of 200 mill in his second end with Chelski after the transfer embargo! Cashley won't back him no way, Bournemouth or Norwich would probably be the best for him.
    As for the fat waiter isn't he very similiar to Mourinho? a tad defensive/ negative? not sure you lot would warm to that!
    Reckon its more of the same for you really, we shall see, or not!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)