+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robert Page

Robert Page

Doing a great job with Wales, intelligent manager who likes to play good football, he was Northampton manager when they beat us on pens in the EFL.
    Worth a shout?

I do think managing an international team and a club side are so different in many ways.

The other difficulty we now have is that it looks like we are not going to replace anyone into the Director of football role (or whatever Dowlings title was). Not sorry to see him go but if we are going to just have a Manager doing the deals as well as managing the team then we need a different person to the one if the role is just to manage/coach the team. That of course assumes the DoF knows what he is doing!

In my opinion with just person we need someone with the attributes of a Big Sam. Someone experienced and someone who can spot a player and then get deals done.

For me it probably shows what’s shambles the club off the field is that he wasn’t persuaded to stay because surely this role would have suited him. Did he know Dowling was going to go when he left? Was it just about his salary/bonus? Was it about the spending budget? Did the club not want him, irrespective of anything that was said in the press announcements.

I still would not be surprised to see Big Sam come back as new Manager providing he is given the DoF role as well and therefore does have total control of who comes in and out, subject of course to financial limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    I do think managing an international team and a club side are so different in many ways.

The other difficulty we now have is that it looks like we are not going to replace anyone into the Director of football role (or whatever Dowlings title was). Not sorry to see him go but if we are going to just have a Manager doing the deals as well as managing the team then we need a different person to the one if the role is just to manage/coach the team. That of course assumes the DoF knows what he is doing!

In my opinion with just person we need someone with the attributes of a Big Sam. Someone experienced and someone who can spot a player and then get deals done.

For me it probably shows what’s shambles the club off the field is that he wasn’t persuaded to stay because surely this role would have suited him. Did he know Dowling was going to go when he left? Was it just about his salary/bonus? Was it about the spending budget? Did the club not want him, irrespective of anything that was said in the press announcements.

I still would not be surprised to see Big Sam come back as new Manager providing he is given the DoF role as well and therefore does have total control of who comes in and out, subject of course to financial limits.
    I hope you are correct on the last point Yarmy, that would bring some positivity back!

I think Wales are a good team in this tournament. Really impressed. Would be worth a shout as long as he had backing. Which is the annual problem.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)