+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre Season Friendlies

Pre Season Friendlies

Derby County will visit Meadow Lane for a pre-season friendly on Sunday 1 August (kick-off 1pm).

It will be the Rams' final run-out ahead of the new Sky Bet Championship campaign and the first of two home friendlies for us, with York City arriving the following week.

Ticket details for all our pre-season fixtures will be released closer to each fixture.

Schedule in full

Saturday 17 July, 3pm - Coalville Town (A)

Saturday 24 July, 3pm - AFC Telford United (A)

Tuesday 27 July, 7.45pm - Boston United (A)

Sunday 1 August, 1pm - Derby County (H)

Saturday 7 August, 3pm - York City (H)

Tuesday 10 August, 7.30pm - Tamworth (A) - Notts County XI

Saturday 14 August, 3pm - Solihull Moors (A)*

*We're playing a fellow National League side as all other leagues have commenced fixtures by 14 August. If we're subsequently scheduled to play Solihull in the opening eight league fixtures, the game will be cancelled and replaced with other league opposition

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...hedule-140621/

Trip to Solihull to give their manager some grief.

Not sure we should play Derby in the run up to the new season, the last time we played them in a pre season game they played us of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Not sure we should play Derby in the run up to the new season, the last time we played them in a pre season game they played us of the park.
    Might sell some tickets? And no doubt IB knows how to prepare the team to deal with a game we're expected to lose against a team three divisions above us...

It will be good for fitness. Chasing the ball for 90 minutes will definitely help with that. It’s better than playing pub sides from Hucknall.
    I never read in to pre season friendlies. They serve a purpose in getting players match ready for the first league game, that’s it.

Looks like their could be problems for them next season. Better than a points deduction this season though.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sl...egation-claim/

Do we have dates for 1st game of the season , return to pre season etc ? Judging by the last friendly date, I'm guessing 21st for the 1st league game.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It will be good for fitness. Chasing the ball for 90 minutes will definitely help with that. It’s better than playing pub sides from Hucknall.
    I never read in to pre season friendlies. They serve a purpose in getting players match ready for the first league game, that’s it.
    The thing about playing technically better or fitter teams in pre-season such as championship sides is that it’s good for fitness like you say. Typically we have been the ones dominating possession in league games but in these cases it’s the opposite way round. So it helps us and is a good test of our off the ball play and how we work as a unit to win the ball back.

I do tend to agree that pre-season friendlies are what they are and not much can be read into them. However our last pre-season game against York in which we lost 3-0 showed a lot of our weaknesses that were to come in my view. Things such as struggling against teams with the high press. Not taking the game to the opposition. Likewise our frailties in defence from set pieces, and lack of firepower compared to season one. All of these warnings came to fruition and manifested from the first game at Dover over the early weeks and months of the season.

Oh for the days of pre season friendly tours to Devon or Cornwall. It's just not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    The thing about playing technically better or fitter teams in pre-season such as championship sides is that it’s good for fitness like you say. Typically we have been the ones dominating possession in league games but in these cases it’s the opposite way round. So it helps us and is a good test of our off the ball play and how we work as a unit to win the ball back.

I do tend to agree that pre-season friendlies are what they are and not much can be read into them. However our last pre-season game against York in which we lost 3-0 showed a lot of our weaknesses that were to come in my view. Things such as struggling against teams with the high press. Not taking the game to the opposition. Likewise our frailties in defence from set pieces, and lack of firepower compared to season one. All of these warnings came to fruition and manifested from the first game at Dover over the early weeks and months of the season.
    Completely agree re York, it was a complete disaster and a sign of things to come. I’m sure it was towards the end of our preseason, which makes it worse. I may well be wrong, but I thought our formation at Dover was different to the formation we had mainly used throughout preseason.

Like the fact that the preseason matches have already been announced. Shows a plan is in place already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast