+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fairmuir Park under threat

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    it would be equally handy for dens Park. Why not make a joint transfer to our neighbours and ourselves using both community trusts?
    That would be very sensible but I cannot see the DAB supporting Dundee City Councillors agreeing to that.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    They should also tell us what kebab shop they use,their preferences in the bedroom,what kind of car they use AND if they buy petrol from any particular filling station. It's time the council came forward with all the important stuff like that and stopped keeping voters,from other council districts in particular,in the dark
    I might have known that you would make an attempt to ridicule an obvious suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I might have known that you would make an attempt to ridicule an obvious suggestion.
    Obvious and good are not the same thing. Why would a councillor have to declare his football team?

Your problem seems to be that our neebs asked for something while we didn't, they got it, we didn't.

Maybe if our CEO had asked the question first,dfc might have been building a training facility at fairmuir.

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Obvious and good are not the same thing. Why would a councillor have to declare his football team?

Your problem seems to be that our neebs asked for something while we didn't, they got it, we didn't.

Maybe if our CEO had asked the question first,dfc might have been building a training facility at fairmuir.
    Grantzer, that is part of the problem with arguing that it is wrong to do this because of who the beneficiary is. The principle of should green space be developed seems to me more important. Also what will happen to existing training facilities with the creation of a new facility. Will there be closures elsewhere? There was talk that Caird Park complex would be shared with DFC. It never happened and I never understood why.

Grantzer, that is part of the problem with arguing that it is wrong to do this because of who the beneficiary is. The principle of should green space be developed seems to me more important. Also what will happen to existing training facilities with the creation of a new facility. Will there be closures elsewhere? There was talk that Caird Park complex would be shared with DFC. It never happened and I never understood why.
    I heard that it was going to cost too much resulting in cut backs which made it too small to share with DFC.
    Originally it the Caird Park complex was to be built and shared between ourselves and United but that fell through.
    Dundee City Council was previously in the running for the new Scottish Government sports complex next to the Liff Road entrance in Camperdown Park which ‘surprise surprise’ they decided to build at Riccarton on the outskirts of Edinburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I heard that it was going to cost too much resulting in cut backs which made it too small to share with DFC.
    Originally it the Caird Park complex was to be built and shared between ourselves and United but that fell through.
    Dundee City Council was previously in the running for the new Scottish Government sports complex next to the Liff Road entrance in Camperdown Park which ‘surprise surprise’ they decided to build at Riccarton on the outskirts of Edinburgh.
    It never made any sense to bring the Riccarton complex here, simply due the population in the central belt.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    It never made any sense to bring the Riccarton complex here, simply due the population in the central belt.
    Think you are right. Scale has a big part to play when making infrastructure type decisions and it is hard to argue that a national resource should be based in Dundee unless there were geographical advantages.

Think you are right. Scale has a big part to play when making infrastructure type decisions and it is hard to argue that a national resource should be based in Dundee unless there were geographical advantages.
    I disagree. In my opinion it is ridiculous that everything is centralised in the Central Belt of Scotland.
    Politicians are continually demanding that civil services jobs should be moved out of London and into the rest of the UK
    The same should be for Scotland,
    Move Scottish Government jobs and the Scottish National Sports Centre out of Edinburgh into other parts of Scotland including Dundee. If people can now work from home then there is no requirement for the bulk of Scottish Government jobs to be based in Edinburgh.

I enclose the latest proposals from the Dundee United Community Trust for their ‘land grab’ of Fairmuir Park. https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...ON-UPDATE.html
    Thanks to Public disquiet and a public petition the bosses of the Dundee United Community Trust appear to have ‘watered down’ their proposals with them now only wanting on part of Fairmuir Park on a long term lease.
    I do not understand why they need any part of Fairmuir Park when Dundee United already own Gussie Park which has at least one all weather football pitch and floodlighting.
    I have sent them an email asking this question.
    It could be that United’s owner Mark Ogren is looking to sell Gussie Park to recoup some of his loans and then use the charitable status of the Dundee United Community Trust to get a new pavilion and all weather football pitch constructed ‘on the cheap’ paid for by charitable donations.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)