+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fairmuir Park under threat

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    We can realistically expect Fairmuir Park to be transferred to the DAB Community Trust then?
    I’d expect so.

We can realistically expect Fairmuir Park to be transferred to the DAB Community Trust then?
    Dundee City Council are planning to carry out a Transfer of Assets namely Fairmuir Park and hand it over free of charge to the Dundee United Community Trust.
    It would be interesting to see what would happen if the Dundee Football Club Community Trust asked Dundee City Council to give them Dawson Park by a Transfer of Assets.
    No doubt the DAB supporting Dundee City Councillors would refuse citing some lame excuse for not being able to do so.

Just going to state my opinion on this.

If the DAB Community Trust want to buy it and manage it that's up to them, less load on my Council Tax. I doubt they'll ever be allowed to completely remove the green area in favour of a sports complex for United but if it comes off best of luck to them.

Can't remember Islay being so up in arms about the proposed development by Dundee FC at Camperdown Park............... oh, wait a minute.................
    At the time I said that there would be major problems accessing and departing from the car parks after the end of the game at Campy Nou.
    I still stand by these comments. A new football stadium should be constructed with several exit routes from the car parks next to the new stadium.

Just going to state my opinion on this.

If the DAB Community Trust want to buy it and manage it that's up to them, less load on my Council Tax. I doubt they'll ever be allowed to completely remove the green area in favour of a sports complex for United but if it comes off best of luck to them.

Can't remember Islay being so up in arms about the proposed development by Dundee FC at Camperdown Park............... oh, wait a minute.................
    Have not really understood what is being proposed. Is this a facility to complement what is already is available at Caird Park?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Have not really understood what is being proposed. Is this a facility to complement what is already is available at Caird Park?
    The Dundee United Community Trust want to build a sports centre and a 3G all weather floodlit football pitch.
    You are correct that this is basically the same as what is available at Caird Park.
    There is nothing about their plans for Fairmuir Park on their Facebook Page but plenty about them using Gussie Park, Showcase the Street and DISC which is on the site of the former Maryfield Hospital. https://www.facebook.com/dundeeunitedct/

Is there a shortage of facilities? Seems like there are a few options currently available. I don't see many greenfield sites within the city boundary, so why build over Fairmuir Park?

Is there a shortage of facilities? Seems like there are a few options currently available. I don't see many greenfield sites within the city boundary, so why build over Fairmuir Park?
    It is handy for Tannadice.
    United will be giving up training in St Andrews to save money and train at the new sports centre paid for by the Dundee Inited Community Trust (DUFC) which has charitable status to save money.
    An interesting question would be.
    What happens if the Dundee United Community Trust closed down. Would Fairmuir Park held by DUFC be transferred back to Dundee City Council or Dundee United Football Club.
    The Dundee City Councillors and Greg Colgan Chief Executive of Dundee City Council need to explain this in full and declare if they are Dundee United supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    United will be giving up training in St Andrews to save money and train at the new sports centre paid for by the Dundee Inited Community Trust (DUFC) which has charitable status to save money.
    What happens if the Dundee United Community Trust closed down. Would Fairmuir Park held by DUFC be transferred back to Dundee City Council or Dundee United Football Club.
    The Dundee City Councillors and Greg Colgan Chief Executive of Dundee City Council need to explain this in full and declare if they are Dundee United supporters.
    it would be equally handy for dens Park. Why not make a joint transfer to our neighbours and ourselves using both community trusts?

it would be equally handy for dens Park. Why not make a joint transfer to our neighbours and ourselves using both community trusts?
    Was about to post the same thing. Surely if an city asset up up for grabs free it should go to both of the city clubs not just one. Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    They should also tell us what kebab shop they use,their preferences in the bedroom,what kind of car they use AND if they buy petrol from any particular filling station. It's time the council came forward with all the important stuff like that and stopped keeping voters,from other council districts in particular,in the dark

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)