+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ismael Going ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The only thing the owners are interested in is making a good profit out of the club when they eventually decide to sell .

That could quite easily be as a championship club as they didn't pay anything substantial to buy it from Patrick Cryne , in fact they haven't even paid for it in full as yet .

I think you'll find Nudge that the majority of the fans haven't been sucked in to believing anything more than last season was a total one off and a bit of a fairy tale .

But you suit yourself , your the one with the meltdowns on here when your expectations aren't met .
    Discussing a point doesn’t equal a meltdown.
    Yer right on one part - that the owners are wanting a return.
    But IMO yer wrong in as much as - the bigger and better Barnsley becomes - the more profit the directors will receive.

The jackpot money (£100m +++) comes if the directors get the club into the Premier.
    Valerian showed in just half a season that the jackpot is achievable.
    £2 million compensation for Valerian is chicken feed.
    PS - no meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Discussing a point doesn’t equal a meltdown.
    Yer right on one part - that the owners are wanting a return.
    But IMO yer wrong in as much as - the bigger and better Barnsley becomes - the more profit the directors will receive.

The jackpot money (£100m +++) comes if the directors get the club into the Premier.
    Valerian showed in just half a season that the jackpot is achievable.
    £2 million compensation for Valerian is chicken feed.
    PS - no meltdown.
    Well starting a number of threads because the owners weren't prepared to spend their own money ( not yours ) on signing Dike who wanted north of £20k a week isn't some kind of meltdown then I'm interested to know what is .

The inconvenient truth is Nudge there isn't fairies at the bottom of your garden .

It's disappointing but that's fairy tales for you .

Some good points put forward and we the fans will still be hear long after the management. If he goes of cose we try move on. But i for one will be gutted. I jist wanted to see val have a season from scratch. All on 0pts instead of the start we gave em all.

But also thats life of a barnsley fan. Always a bigger club comes along. Im still gutted Brian Howard went to sheff utd.

That's always been the case BD, and I'm sure it will never change , my first upset at a player leaving was Winnie when he joined Chesterfield , my last and final one was when David Geddes left for Brum , it finally sunk in that the Team i love just aren't able to hold on to better players and now Managers , there will always be Bigger Fish dipping into our Pond , as for Ismael , i think he will have seen or heard about the new owner at WBA , he's apparently approached a few Candidate's , all the deals broke down , including Appleton who chose to stay at Lincoln rather than take the Baggies job ? I don't think this is a done deal ? ! I wouldn't be at all surprised if Val remained here , a second season here will show how good he really is ,

Looks like we could be losing the CEO and Club Secretary to Forest as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    Looks like we could be losing the CEO and Club Secretary to Forest as well
    It's not really a shock though is it Nozzer .

I think many of us could see that if were weren't promoted to the PL last season there was going to be potentially some upheaval at the club .

When a low budget club punches considerably above it's weight but falls just short it's ripe for those who have had an hand in it receiving attention and their name in lights .

We haven't even got to the players yet but I suspect that won't be too long either as clubs start their preparations for the new season over the coming weeks .

As ever it's about getting the replacements right and not concentrating so much on those who leave the club .

There's very little in this day and age that we can do to prevent departures so to my mind it's best to focus on what you can control .

Keep getting the recruitment right .

It's not really a shock though is it Nozzer .

I think many of us could see that if were weren't promoted to the PL last season there was going to be potentially some upheaval at the club .

When a low budget club punches considerably above it's weight but falls just short it's ripe for those who have had an hand in it receiving attention and their name in lights .

We haven't even got to the players yet but I suspect that won't be too long either as clubs start their preparations for the new season over the coming weeks .

As ever it's about getting the replacements right and not concentrating so much on those who leave the club .

There's very little in this day and age that we can do to prevent departures so to my mind it's best to focus on what you can control .

Keep getting the recruitment right .

Totally agree. If we can recruit anything like we did last season then I'll be happy. Some cracking signings.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Totally agree. If we can recruit anything like we did last season then I'll be happy. Some cracking signings.
    I think we need to be smart with replacing Murphy as CEO .

The transfer market has changed considerably for us post brexit .

We need to find a man with some very good contacts in the markets that are available to us , South America for instance .

Another American possibly with knowledge of North America and South America too .

Dane didn't have that with South America and he sounded a little vague on the subject , we need to rather than we already have so to speak .

With such a man at the club Murphy's departure may not be such a bad thing , he may have already run out of bullets in the transfer market as far as we are concerned .

I think we need to be smart with replacing Murphy as CEO .

The transfer market has changed considerably for us post brexit .

We need to find a man with some very good contacts in the markets that are available to us , South America for instance .

Another American possibly with knowledge of North America and South America too .

Dane didn't have that with South America and he sounded a little vague on the subject , we need to rather than we already have so to speak .

With such a man at the club Murphy's departure may not be such a bad thing , he may have already run out of bullets in the transfer market as far as we are concerned .
    Will there be compo for him annyone no?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast