+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Ismael Going ?

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    It does.
    It’s starting to make me doubt whether we will ever again be an established Championship club that has a chance of gaining promotion.
    If this is the pressure the club has to endure every time we get into the playoffs.

Assuming of course that Dane and Valerian leave.
    I’ve been thinking about Brentford today.
    How many times they were knocking on the door of promotion with the same manager.
    Compare that to the last 3 Barnsley managers.
    At some point the owners of Barnsley must put a line in the sand and put a stop to the revolving door.
    Brentford ..... that's interesting !!!

Tell me what their model is Nudge ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Brentford ..... that's interesting !!!

Tell me what their model is Nudge ?
    I haven’t a clue.
    All I know about Brentford is that they recruit well.
    But my point being is that they have kept hold of their manager after several attempts at promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    I haven’t a clue.
    All I know about Brentford is that they recruit well.
    But my point being is that they have kept hold of their manager after several attempts at promotion.
    They've made it to the PL by selling their best players for a huge profit and reinvesting extremely well .

Along the way they've lost a number of managers like Dean Smith and Warburton .

Warburton had them in the play offs in 2015 I believe when Boro beat them easily in the semi final .

We have the same model as they do , the only difference is they are five years in front of us .

Ganaye back to Barnsley.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Ganaye back to Barnsley.
    Why not? Think he'll be used by the consortium where ever they think he's most needed to there clubs, wouldnt surpise me if mowatt goes to one of there other clubs, like meegan.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so , compensation seems to be relative to signing a contract for specified number of years .

I don't think the position of CEO has that kind of agreement , he's just an employee just like we are at our places of work .
    Yr to yr at a football club especially coming frm abroad i reckon even kitman has a contract as a bit of sercurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Why not? Think he'll be used by the consortium where ever they think he's most needed to there clubs, wouldnt surpise me if mowatt goes to one of there other clubs, like meegan.
    Not for me , the feck ups that bloke made were unbelievable and cost this club a relegation and a shyte load of money .

We need someone not connected to the ownership so you get the alternative opinion at least .

Something I thought Dane was able to generate .

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Will there be Compo for him annyone no?
    No, and there won't be any Clegg or Foggy or Nora Batty either!!.

I'll be disappointed if or when he leaves, because of the good season hes just given us.
    But I'm getting used to it now and I try not to get too involved when players or managers/coaches do leave us. As we all know what's going to happen then, as soon as they start doing well.

As somebody else said though, it does get disheartening eventually and it does takes away the desire to keep supporting the club when this same thing happens every single time.

Alan Nixon
    @reluctantnicko
    West Brom. Valerian Ismael. Compo deal with Barnsley should be sorted soon. Gap small at weekend … all sides need it resolved.
    9:42 AM · Jun 21, 2021

Enough!!!!
    mi dad used to say to me. " This as dragged on long enough nar lad. Mek thi mind up. " We can then get someone in with time for them to bring in a few players.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast