+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ismael Going ?

Ismael Going ?

Name:  BA526915-1A85-4124-9C39-FF520903F592.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  16.9 KB

To West Brom.
    Oh dear!!

Really bad news if it happens.
    Another upheaval at the club.
    Another head coach means another personality the players have to get accustomed to.

I know it’s extremely difficult when we have any success - as other clubs are swimming in money and as such are able to attract our success to their clubs - but at some point we need success coupled with a period of stability.

Sky Sports:

WEST BROM APPROACH BARNSLEY FOR ISMAEL

West Bromwich Albion have approached Barnsley for permission to speak to their manager Valerien Ismael about the head coach vacancy at the Hawthorns.

Discussions ongoing over the issue of compensation.

Doug O'Kane Chrinicle.
    @dougokane88
    I've seen the reports that West Bromwich Albion are moving for Valérien Ismaël.
    I have been told that there has been no approach from WBA to Barnsley.
    I understand there is a release clause for him but that has not been met.
    #barnsleyfc
    Last edited by POGGYWELL; 18-06-2021 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Extra item

Good ,,

Terrible news......but its not a done deal.

Our last head coach and the current one have been sought after by other clubs due to the fact they done a brilliant job at oakwell. I'd be disappointed to see Ismael leave but what can we do? If he leaves we thank him for his excellent work and contribution to BFC. We move on, go again and try to find another high press head coach who will slot in to the clubs ideology and ethos.

Ismael has brought a clever angle into how to get the best results with the squad we currently have. That's been the difference to take us into the upper echelons of the championship table. Let's face it, nubdy had heard of our last 3 head coaches but between them they've all contributed very well and brought success to the club and built us into a solid championship team.

Obviously I'd like Ismael to stay but if he dunt then we've got to trust the consortium to make the right decision moving forward.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Our last head coach and the current one have been sought after by other clubs due to the fact they done a brilliant job at oakwell. I'd be disappointed to see Ismael leave but what can we do? If he leaves we thank him for his excellent work and contribution to BFC. We move on, go again and try to find another high press head coach who will slot in to the clubs ideology and ethos.

Ismael has brought a clever angle into how to get the best results with the squad we currently have. That's been the difference to take us into the upper echelons of the championship table. Let's face it, nubdy had heard of our last 3 head coaches but between them they've all contributed very well and brought success to the club and built us into a solid championship team.

Obviously I'd like Ismael to stay but if he dunt then we've got to trust the consortium to make the right decision moving forward.
    Maybe murray may get a chance, he's got to have some knowledge gained with previous managers so maybe we might not get anyone else in straight away, were gonna keep the press,we all want to see more football played in there half, and we dont want to play it out frm the back at present although kitchen maybe a tidy player.

I can’t see Murray having the same fear factor as Val.
    All the best managers let the players have just enough rope before it starts to tighten around their neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrascal View Post
    Maybe murray may get a chance, he's got to have some knowledge gained with previous managers so maybe we might not get anyone else in straight away, were gonna keep the press,we all want to see more football played in there half, and we dont want to play it out frm the back at present although kitchen maybe a tidy player.
    I don't think Murray should be HC Rascal. He should remain in his position in which he looks to do very well. If Ismael does leave then we can hopefully hire a new HC before pre season starts and give the guy time to get his ideas across to our players in time for the new season. Let's see what happens mate

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast