+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Slocombe signs new 2 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by caj85 View Post
    Wouldn't want him to leave but at the same time I do think that goalkeepers offer a great opportunity to utilise the Danes stat scouting analysis.
    They are way more limited that they were last season. If they found Rodrigues now we would not get a work-permit for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    ...If they found Rodrigues now we would not get a work-permit for him.
    I'm not sure that's true. He would get the points needed for a GBE based on his club appearances and the quality of that club (Den Bosch in the case of Rodrigues). Given that, it's just a bit of bureaucracy. It doesn't follow that because someone needs a work permit he or she will automatically be refused it. If we want green kids to bring through an academy we should find them locally. If we're bringing in talent from abroad (be it from Europe or Australia) I would hope that we wouldn't be looking at someone for whom the quality required for a GBE would be a problem.

Further to that, work permit applications are now able to be considered equitably no matter where in the world an applicant is coming from. I spent years - decades! - needing to hire people with particular skills that were commonplace in the US. EU rules meant that any application for a work permit for a US citizen had to be accompanied by proof that we had already scoured the whole of Europe for skills that we knew up front simply weren't available. If we didn't jump through that hoop anyway, the application wasn't allowed to be considered.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post
    I'm not sure that's true. He would get the points needed for a GBE based on his club appearances and the quality of that club (Den Bosch in the case of Rodrigues). Given that, it's just a bit of bureaucracy. It doesn't follow that because someone needs a work permit he or she will automatically be refused it. If we want green kids to bring through an academy we should find them locally. If we're bringing in talent from abroad (be it from Europe or Australia) I would hope that we wouldn't be looking at someone for whom the quality required for a GBE would be a problem.

Further to that, work permit applications are now able to be considered equitably no matter where in the world an applicant is coming from. I spent years - decades! - needing to hire people with particular skills that were commonplace in the US. EU rules meant that any application for a work permit for a US citizen had to be accompanied by proof that we had already scoured the whole of Europe for skills that we knew up front simply weren't available. If we didn't jump through that hoop anyway, the application wasn't allowed to be considered.
    Den Bosch would be considered band 6 (the lowest banding) - I honestly cannot see how Rodrigues would qualify under existing rules.

It would be an absolute S****horpe of a problem to lose him TBH

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Even worse would be a ****age keeper from S****horpe who was born in Middle***.
    Even worse would be a ****age keeper - which is obviously a ***** position - from S****horpe who was born in Middle*** and likes ****ting the ball a long distance.

Quote Originally Posted by 51Magpie View Post

Worked the other way as well. My employers in the US had to prove that I was going over there to do a job that an American could not do, as well as showing that I had the qualifications equivalent to a Masters Degree

I hope he stays too. He’s as good as anyone in the National League. The length of contract on offer could be a decisive factor.

Not that bothered about Slocombe. Keepers are 10 a penny. McDonnell, who we released last year, just made it to the National League Team of the Year. We can find somebody younger, with a resale value.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Not that bothered about Slocombe. Keepers are 10 a penny. McDonnell, who we released last year, just made it to the National League Team of the Year. We can find somebody younger, with a resale value.
    McDonnell is not a patch on Slocombe

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    McDonnell is not a patch on Slocombe
    Yeah i didn't rate him either, but it appears that somebody did!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast