+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Slocombe signs new 2 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I know some Notts fans wouldn’t be fussed. But, this would be a big blow in my opinion.

I hope Slocombe would see going to a team that narrowly avoided relegation as a bit of risk and not a real step up. Hopefully he’s settled at Notts and as no desire to uproot.
    I think it would be a big blow to lose Slocombe as well. For the past two seasons at this level he has been solid enough and done a good job. Part of the second best defence in the league in season one and part of the fifth best this season.

I stand by what I’ve said on here previously that in my view Slocombe, Rawlinson, Lacey, DKE and Brindley are the best defence you’ll find at this level and it’s backed up by what we have seen over the past two seasons when all five have played together.

They’ve all been together for two seasons now, and to lose Slocombe or DKE or Rawlinson to add to that would be a blow as they all know each other, know each other’s strengths and weaknesses and how each other plays. That counts for a lot in football.

We can only hope if we do lose any of those three that those who come in are as good as if not better. But then they still need to get to know their teammates game and vice versa.

Doesn't really concern me too much if Slocombe leaves, think there are better and at least equally good keepers at this level. I honestly am much more gutted that Ellis has gone. Good solid defender who not only scored plenty but drew defenders away from our other strikers allowing them to score more too. I do understand IB playing style but not sure it will get us out of the National League.

We are Notts we move on, there will be decent keepers released by clubs

Nope, Sam stays with us!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Nope, Sam stays with us!
    Massive signing/renewal for me

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Massive signing/renewal for me

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...ntract-210621/

Slocombe Signs New Deal

2 year deal and rejected some L2 clubs.
    Phew!

Good news, been very consistent for us over two seasons. Sounds like Rawlinson will sign up soon too - I’d be happy seeing him take up the Ellis role in the middle of the back three.

Solcombe signs

Our number-one goalkeeper Sam Slocombe has signed a new two-year contract at Meadow Lane.

The experienced stopper has been a crucial cog in our wheel since his arrival in 2019 and Ian Burchnall is thrilled he’ll be between our sticks for the foreseeable future.

“Retaining Sam is a huge positive for us,” said the head coach. “Not only is he a tremendous goalkeeper but he’s a top professional who helps drive high standards every day.

“Everyone knows that we like to play out from the back and Sam’s distribution, composure and vast experience make him the perfect fit for us.

“He enjoys the way we play, too, and I think his decision to stay is a great reflection of the excitement players have for what we’re trying to build.

“It’s been a long, hard season for Sam and I’ve told him to rest up and get ready to play a crucial role once again for us next season.”

Supporters can hear from Sam later today.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Our number-one goalkeeper Sam Slocombe has signed a new two-year contract at Meadow Lane.

The experienced stopper has been a crucial cog in our wheel since his arrival in 2019 and Ian Burchnall is thrilled he’ll be between our sticks for the foreseeable future.

“Retaining Sam is a huge positive for us,” said the head coach. “Not only is he a tremendous goalkeeper but he’s a top professional who helps drive high standards every day.

“Everyone knows that we like to play out from the back and Sam’s distribution, composure and vast experience make him the perfect fit for us.

“He enjoys the way we play, too, and I think his decision to stay is a great reflection of the excitement players have for what we’re trying to build.

“It’s been a long, hard season for Sam and I’ve told him to rest up and get ready to play a crucial role once again for us next season.”

Supporters can hear from Sam later today.

I am happy with that. Not much better in the N/L.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast