+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Slocombe signs new 2 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Good. The club and the fans needed this news.
    Agreed. Almost restores your faith in human nature, a player deciding to remain with a club because he feels he's been fairly treated. I said almost.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Our threat from set pieces was helped by Rodrigues’ delivery as well to be fair, miles better than anyone else we’d tried earlier in the season. Roberts coming back should help on that front as well.

If we’re sticking with the back three then Lacey/Rawlinson/Chicksen looks pretty well balanced to me. Would be happy enough if that trio started our opening game. Brindley can cover the right side as well as right wing back, and ideally we could find someone left footed but a bit more physical than Chicksen to compete for the central and left sided roles.
    I'm not sure about Rawlinson, gets beat by pace to easy

At this level you aren't going to find too many centre halves who aren't weak in one of the key skill sets. There are no complete players at NL or lower league level.

If you have and Ellis or a Rawlinson in the heart of the defence , then you need a central defender with mobility/pace alongside.

It's all about getting the right combination whether its in a 2 or 3 in centre defence. This way you can cover some of the obvious deficiencies such as (lack of) pace, aerial ability, comfortable on the ball etc.

Rawlinson's performances over the past two seasons have easily been good enough for a promotion seeking side at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    That's why he was so good with Lacey. Lacey was pacey, Rawlinson mauled them some...

I tried guys

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    No more so than Ellis, but you can get away with it in the centre of a back three. Rawlinson was exposed playing on the right of it - that’s a role made for Lacey IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    No more so than Ellis, but you can get away with it in the centre of a back three. Rawlinson was exposed playing on the right of it - that’s a role made for Lacey IMO.
    Well Burch said in his interview that he quite likes playing 3 at the back so you would imagine it being Lacey, Rawlo and Chicks from R to L.

Relieved Slocombe signed a deal... it'll be great for the team to have a bit of continuity in the new season and he was absolutely a key player this season

Great interview....terrific signing....top keeper!

Agree with all the praise.....Mightily relieved!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456