+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Val is off.

Val is off.

Would anyone actually , seriously , genuinely be surprised ? Barnsley is a single shot of the dice per half season team. The concept of building on success is almost non existent because no sooner do we have any the foundations are ripped from us and another ground up building job starts that takes us half a season to adjust to.

Very disappointing but highly predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    Would anyone actually , seriously , genuinely be surprised ? Barnsley is a single shot of the dice per half season team. The concept of building on success is almost non existent because no sooner do we have any the foundations are ripped from us and another ground up building job starts that takes us half a season to adjust to.

Very disappointing but highly predictable.
    Never been any different Duk and it goes the other way when we take a manager or a HC from a lesser club .

Football food chain .

Luckily it's not catastrophic these days for ourselves .

We simply hire another HC with good stats at high press football , the players are already here and well drilled with it .

We go again next season .

It makes it hard to get excited to be honest mate.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    It makes it hard to get excited to be honest mate.
    The stability is in the club's model and playing style duk rather than a HC or the players .

Who is to say the next HC may take us slightly further next season .

Personally mate I think Val would have done very well to repeat last seasons achievement , just my opinion .

You are right about that, I do think that towards the end we were getting found out a little and easier to counter attack. Also surround Dike who when he was on the pitch was our outlet and our passing attacking game also suffered.

And you are right, I didn't like it when Stendel or Struber left and we got Val .... maybe our owners have another rabbit up their sleeves.

Damn its annoying though.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The stability is in the club's model and playing style.
    100% true that. I realized that after listening to that Dane Murphy podcast.