No not snappy little dogs or the neighbour's cat that ****s in your garden - I'm taking about self-aggrandising financial bull****ters.

For years nobody gave a monkey's about BWFC's financial position and then the poo hit the fan, shortly followed by Anderson and all of a sudden an army of alleged financial experts crawled out of the woodwork to pontificate about all things BWFC that involved money. And I'm talking years and years of bull****.

Problem is that nobody outside the boardroom knows the first thing about what our true financial position is.
The nearest thing to actual evidence are the very occasional tax returns/financial statements that can be viewed at Companies House. And as much as I would like to think that tax returns and financial statements are a true representation of what is happening - especially when compared with previous returns - they really only tell part of the story and that's the part they want you/HMRC to see.

Anybody who has ever submitted a business tax return will tell you there is considerable "flexibility" so why do some folk insist on analysing it to death? I can think of one possible answer. To try to appear smart.
Which is tricky in the absence of facts or insider knowledge.