+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Valérien Ismaël ?

At least it should mean Sawyers won't get a game!!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Unfortunately Dave , Swansea were the team we wanted to avoid in the play offs as they were far better equipped to deal with us which proved to be the case although only narrowly .

We'd have fancied our chances against Brentford or Bournemouth who both liked to play out from the back and we beat both on their own patch in the second half of the season , Brentford pretty convincingly .

What I can say is I've watched my club for 54 years and this is the fittest group of players I've ever seen .

Val's style is pretty full on to say the least , he demands the absolute maximum and anybody not buying in to it may as well look for another club now .

The level of commitment and energy is off the scale , whether you have that kind of squad I don't know as I don't watch too many PL games .

As I said in an earlier post there's little point hiring Val if you haven't the kind of players that fit his methods .

I suspect giving him a couple of seasons in the championship to make his mark wouldn't be on the agenda at the Hawthorns .
    Thanks and best of luck for next season, Acido who comes on here quite a bit is a good bloke hopefully we have some good games next season now it looks like the deal is closing in.

What's the hold up now and why does it always take us twice as long as other clubs to sign anybody, whether it's a player, manager or whatever? I was under the impression that Ismael was a done deal and just needed rubber stamping. As it's Albion, the longer it drags on, you always fear the worst. We really do need some stability and if Ismael is the choice then for God's sake, get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    What's the hold up now and why does it always take us twice as long as other clubs to sign anybody, whether it's a player, manager or whatever? I was under the impression that Ismael was a done deal and just needed rubber stamping. As it's Albion, the longer it drags on, you always fear the worst. We really do need some stability and if Ismael is the choice then for God's sake, get it done!
    Probably noy that simple.He may want some of his backroom staff etc, plus the Club may want assurances about some of the existing people we have in place. Not just about the money

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post

Patience Leicester! Lai needs to go over every detail and it may be rubber stamped prior to the first pre-season friendly - that's of course if this guy does not say in French - f uck you and goes somewhere else!

New signings no doubt will be incoming around September to get fit by Xmas!

Mirror reporting that Valerie will be appointed in the next 48 hours. It appears all the eyes are dotted and the tees are crossed

https://tinyurl.com/psv999tu

Alex Mowatt club captain and tough central midfielder yet to sign a new contract and a free agent if he doesn’t next month.

Barnsley fans panicking that he could be leaving them for us. Could be a great move if he comes with Ismael in the Derek McInnes type role. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Alex Mowatt club captain and tough central midfielder yet to sign a new contract and a free agent if he doesn’t next month.

Barnsley fans panicking that he could be leaving them for us. Could be a great move if he comes with Ismael in the Derek McInnes type role. Interesting.
    Sorry hadn’t seen the other thread about first signing!

It's possible two or three of our lads could be heading with Val to the Hawthorns .

The players absolutely loved him here .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It's possible two or three of our lads could be heading with Val to the Hawthorns .

The players absolutely loved him here .

Do you really rate Alex Mowatt as apparently he's a great player and out of contract? Good you lads are coming on the board as always had a great welcome from Barnsley fans!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)