+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valérien Ismaël ?

Valérien Ismaël ?

It appears we are in discussion with Barnsley to speak to him? Anybody think this would be a good appointment or awful?

Seems Lai is a person who will do the opposite of being told! Dowling it seems was against Valerien and it strikes me now Lai would be a person out of spite now to go and get him despite the compensation!

Got to say he worked miracles with Barnsley who the year before were lucky to survive. What does Dowling know about any style of football from a manager?

Please please NO! Enough now, the football he plays makes a Pullis side look like one of Pep’s! Absolute disaster for the Baggies if this happens….

I’ve just posted on another thread that I think that any manager who cared about his reputation wouldn’t work for the chinaman.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Please please NO! Enough now, the football he plays makes a Pullis side look like one of Pep’s! Absolute disaster for the Baggies if this happens….

I had heard this Dave! To be honest - I don't think I even saw one Barnsley match last year so can't comment. On the Barnsley forum the supporters don't seem over bothered he could go!

I will say this - it's incredible we could get him and someone like Barnsley then get Wilder! That would take the biscuit!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    I’ve just posted on another thread that I think that any manager who cared about his reputation wouldn’t work for the chinaman.

FOL

If Appleton distanced himself from the job - that says it all!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I had heard this Dave! To be honest - I don't think I even saw one Barnsley match last year so can't comment. On the Barnsley forum the supporters don't seem over bothered he could go!

I will say this - it's incredible we could get him and someone like Barnsley then get Wilder! That would take the biscuit!
    Seriously Al, it’s dire, did a job for them but we are better than this it’s a massive backward step, I can’t see the players we have getting on board with his style of play either, let alone us supporters, I am extremely worried that we have asked to speak to him….

Seriously Al, it’s dire, did a job for them but we are better than this it’s a massive backward step, I can’t see the players we have getting on board with his style of play either, let alone us supporters, I am extremely worried that we have asked to speak to him….

Asking to speak to him ( if true ) tells me he will probably get the job! Lai will have done this partly out of spite to Dowling!

Well, now we know why he wants to get season tickets sold quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Asking to speak to him ( if true ) tells me he will probably get the job! Lai will have done this partly out of spite to Dowling!
    According to Sky we have requested to speak to him. It also stated that Ken has taken charge of football matters. How much lower can we go? What knowledge has he got to make a judgement on what type of player we require etc? We just keep going from bad to worse.
    Where is it going to end? Probably relegation.

Barnsley were direct but it's not hoofball for the sake of hoofball. They also press the opposition so it's not a boot away followed by a deep block and a reliance on set pieces.

Not an appointment for footballing romantics but he's definitely not Tony Pulis. His teams are fit, organised and motivated. Besides he hasn't been appointed yet, bit early for a meltdown 😊 .

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)