+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: England V Scotland

Another thing that has me reaching for the mute button is the news channel’s penchant for finding the biggest possible set of morons to interview from amongst the great British public.

Said moron will spout a few lines of gibberish and offer up the obligatory “3-0 to England with a Kane hat trick” whilst his one brain cell mates climb all over him trying to claim their one nano second of fame in a life that will otherwise amount to about zero.

Cue the fist to the camera and the “Come on E n g e r land” followed by raucous chanting by the assembled plankton!

Maybe I’ve just got old but I find the whole thing to mind numbingly facile and pointless.

I have two words to say to the idiot Southgate and they’re not the ones you’re thinking!!

“Jude Bellingham”.

This side will always be the worse for this kid not playing.

I have texts on my phone going back to his debut for Blues less than two years ago at the age of 16 and 38 days.

In that text I tell friends including a Blues fan mate that the kid would be playing for a top 4 club or a top European club and running England’s midfield within three years.

He’s still not 18 years old.

If I could spot this on his debut at just turned 16 why is it that the England manager is so lacking in either judgement or b o ll o c k s?

Until we start allowing players to play with flair and without fear we will continue to disappoint.

I’d offer Bielsa the England job, THAT would get me watching again.

Southgate is scared of his own shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Did I miss us playing f u c k I n g rubbish?

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind 🙄

I watched the golf.

I can’t quite understand why the sport that meant so much to me for 45 years from when I was 10 now doesn’t bother me at all.

Modern day “football” and the whole circus just bores the f u c k out of me.

If my grandson doesn’t show interest in football I might never go to an Albion match again.

I certainly have no interest in England.

The sad thing is that it’s football itself that’s done this to me......it’s finally eaten itself.
    I always had the buzz before an Albion game, it was the way we played. We would either get or dish out a hiding, but you knew it wouldn't be boring
    I haven't had the butterflies before a game for decades, I used to enjoy the pre match meets better.
    I never got the butterflies before an England game, they have never been exciting.

It’s the hope that gets you.

That’s 2 hours of my life i’ll never get back. I don’t know what to make of the match but The lack of intensity was obvious and to me seemed as if the players were told to just play for a draw? Why? No idea. I don’t get this ‘lets gamble a draw’ and the final match we just coast again to gain a point. Do you see other top nations doing this? Why were we even giving Scotland a chance? The number of poor passes and mistakes made were unforgivable. To avoid further embarrassment i’d rather England got knocked out if that is the way we’ll play. I don’t see how the media are praising Scotland so highly. I wish we wouldn’t gamble in games and have these silly tactics.

Sterling and Kane absolutely poor, surely there’s a point in the game you realize they are no good.

Then Ian Wright, I can’t stand the ITVs coverage of England games.. he thinks we’ll win 3-1 or 4-0.. how embarrassing. On paper we may look better but a derby match? Seriously ffs. That said that wasn’t even treated like a derby match by England.

The problem with England is that they always flatter to deceive. Remember the 'Golden Generation', they never achieved their potential. It's the same with this group of players. Whether it's the tactics, the desire, the mental strength, I don't know. Why is it that Wales, with their limited resources, can produce such high quality performances on a regular basis? Yes, they do have some very good players but often their teams include players from the lower divisions. England must improve and they might well do so but last night's performance wasn't good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by regis80 View Post
    That’s 2 hours of my life i’ll never get back. I don’t know what to make of the match but The lack of intensity was obvious and to me seemed as if the players were told to just play for a draw? Why? No idea. I don’t get this ‘lets gamble a draw’ and the final match we just coast again to gain a point. Do you see other top nations doing this? Why were we even giving Scotland a chance? The number of poor passes and mistakes made were unforgivable. To avoid further embarrassment i’d rather England got knocked out if that is the way we’ll play. I don’t see how the media are praising Scotland so highly. I wish we wouldn’t gamble in games and have these silly tactics.

Sterling and Kane absolutely poor, surely there’s a point in the game you realize they are no good.

Then Ian Wright, I can’t stand the ITVs coverage of England games.. he thinks we’ll win 3-1 or 4-0.. how embarrassing. On paper we may look better but a derby match? Seriously ffs. That said that wasn’t even treated like a derby match by England.

Totally agree Regis! Poor mistake too by taking off Foden as he was about the only decent player! As soon as England play a decent side it will be the usual heartbreak! To be honest - what Scotland and Wales lack in quality they make up by giving every bit of energy for their countries!

Its all about attitude and that stems from the manager. Lets face it, the only thing that Southgate has achieved as a manager is getting Middlesborough relegated. Anyone that had any flair is stifled in his set up. He probably thinks flair is a new budget airline!

Wonder if it’s a master plan to finish 2nd in the group so avoid playing any of France Germany Portugal in the next round ?

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Its all about attitude and that stems from the manager. Lets face it, the only thing that Southgate has achieved as a manager is getting Middlesborough relegated. Anyone that had any flair is stifled in his set up. He probably thinks flair is a new budget airline!

Totally agree Tipps! Don't like Grealish but the game was crying out for him last night to add some creativity!

Did he create anything other than free kick opportunities?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)