+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ellis joins Barrow

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Simply it seems like a good move for him geographically and why wouldn't he. I am quite sure he is replaceable though but certainly our best loan signing of last season with Miller. I can't see him staying either.
    I doubt the statement from the board about the loaner returning would have happened if it wasn't pretty much a done deal

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I doubt the statement from the board about the loaner returning would have happened if it wasn't pretty much a done deal
    They have said Miller is returning?

Initially disappointed, it’s hard not to be after his incredible contribution in his short term at Notts. You always need a big lump who does the basics very well, especially at this level.

However thinking about it more and reading others thoughts I’m not too disappointed. We have an instant replacement who has performed well for Notts since he signed.

From a player point of view it makes sense too, higher division, still based in the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Initially disappointed, it’s hard not to be after his incredible contribution in his short term at Notts. You always need a big lump who does the basics very well, especially at this level.

However thinking about it more and reading others thoughts I’m not too disappointed. We have an instant replacement who has performed well for Notts since he signed.

From a player point of view it makes sense too, higher division, still based in the NW.
    He does some of the basics well but is well short of it in open play. He made Tyson look like Ronaldo

More Linford Christie than either Ronaldo, thankfully. Ellis is just slow there is no getting away from it. I'm happy with Rawlinson in centre of a 3, or with Lacey in back 4

They have said Miller is returning?
    They said the following:

"We are hopeful that this will include the retention of one of this season’s loan players."

As we have all figured out, Ellis doesn't really fit the Burchnall philosophy so that would suggest it's Miller who does fit the bill and the board don't tend to give outlandish statements so I think we can conclude it's a very close to done deal

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    More Linford Christie than either Ronaldo, thankfully. Ellis is just slow there is no getting away from it. I'm happy with Rawlinson in centre of a 3, or with Lacey in back 4
    Yeah agree with Rawlinson and Lacey.

One more athletic centre back should do us

Simply it seems like a good move for him geographically and why wouldn't he. I am quite sure he is replaceable though but certainly our best loan signing of last season with Miller. I can't see him staying either.
    I once represented a player who signed for Barrow well within the last 2 years and Barrow actually train at uni grounds Manchester way so would make sense if he already lives that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Yeah agree with Rawlinson and Lacey.

One more athletic centre back should do us
    Rawlinson athletic??

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    They said the following:

"We are hopeful that this will include the retention of one of this season’s loan players."

As we have all figured out, Ellis doesn't really fit the Burchnall philosophy so that would suggest it's Miller who does fit the bill and the board don't tend to give outlandish statements so I think we can conclude it's a very close to done deal
    I have it from v good info we offered Ellis a 2 year deal and he turned it down to go back into the FL.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast