+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ellis joins Barrow

Ellis joins Barrow

I thought he would prefer Div 2 football up north rather than non league Notts

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Tis whaddit tis, innitt. He did OK for us, best of luck to the man.

Good signing for Barrow, good luck to him

For better or worse, I’d be very surprised if Burchnall had any interest in signing Ellis permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    For better or worse, I’d be very surprised if Burchnall had any interest in signing Ellis permanently.
    Same here. Wrong side of 30 and wasn’t exactly a ball-playing centre half.

Wish we’d had him all season, though - always gave 100% and while we may not have conceded any less, we definitely would have scored more from set pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I think you might be right. You'd think we'd be able to compete with Barrow if we really wanted him. Plus, IB always seemed to me to be a tiny bit reluctant to praise Ellis.

It obviously depends who comes in to replace him, but I liked Ellis a lot and I hope we don't come to regret this.

Did a good job for Notts, so best of luck to him.

He will have played for 4 Notts managers, or ex-managers in quick succession - Curle, Ardley, Burchnall and Cooper.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I think you might be right. You'd think we'd be able to compete with Barrow if we really wanted him. Plus, IB always seemed to me to be a tiny bit reluctant to praise Ellis.

It obviously depends who comes in to replace him, but I liked Ellis a lot and I hope we don't come to regret this.
    Any time IB has spoken about centre backs, he’s talked about wanting pretty much the exact opposite of Ellis. Has done a good job for him under the circumstances, but yeah I’d be surprised if we wanted him permanently.

Wrong age for the Notts 'project' methinks. Been a great servant on loan though and good luck to him up there.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Wrong age for the Notts 'project' methinks. Been a great servant on loan though and good luck to him up there.
    Agreed, Best of luck to him. I think we will start the season with both Rawlinson and Lacey as the two centre backs...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast