+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Scotland

Shyte. If you're not prepared to show enthusiasm and urgency and close the opposition darn then you deserve nowt. Glad we dint lose but it doesn't bode well.

2nd favourites for the tournament? Dunt think so. Italians and French would av tekkun us to cleaners toneet.

If they think they can win tournaments with tippy tappy football they’re delusional.
    Foden was the only one who was looking to take them on and he get taken off? That baffles me.

And I agree P&M Italy and France for me as well.

First of all nobody but nobody in the tournament has to play a fixture of this magnitude in a major championship .

This fixture does not define England or mean Scotland can progress further .

As an England fan you want to beat Scotland but the real deal is to progress out of the group .

A point against the Czech Republic on Tuesday night and it's job done .

Far too much emotion getting thrown around for me .

I'm not saying it wasn't disappointing but ffs let's not over react .

The Stones header goes in , different game .

Never heard so much moronic comments on ITV than I have tonight .

A point at Wembley against the Czech Republic .

Fecking hell , the world's going to end innit ??

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    First of all nobody but nobody in the tournament has to play a fixture of this magnitude in a major championship .

This fixture does not define England or mean Scotland can progress further .

As an England fan you want to beat Scotland but the real deal is to progress out of the group .

A point against the Czech Republic on Tuesday night and it's job done .

Far too much emotion getting thrown around for me .

I'm not saying it wasn't disappointing but ffs let's not over react .

The Stones header goes in , different game .

Never heard so much moronic comments on ITV than I have tonight .

A point at Wembley against the Czech Republic .

Fecking hell , the world's going to end innit ??

Thaz summed it up saying about the magnitude of the fixture and we were well off the pace and I can't understand that or condone it. Glad of a point. Credit to Scotland who were full of passion, energy and fight. A bit of that from England and we win that game. Flat and frustrating night for me.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Thaz summed it up saying about the magnitude of the fixture and we were well off the pace and I can't understand that or condone it. Glad of a point. Credit to Scotland who were full of passion, energy and fight. A bit of that from England and we win that game. Flat and frustrating night for me.
    The magnitude of the fixture is because it's England v Scotland , it's a different thing altogether if its England v France in the knock out stages .

Totally different .

Did we have bad players out there tonight ?

We all know we haven't .

Do we need to grow in to the tournament ?

Absolutely .

Just a bit pyssed at the overreaction .

Italia 90

England 1-1 Republic Of Ireland

The media called for the team to be brought home .

We were an inch away from winning the bstrd .

Get out of the group , let's judge it from there .

That's my take .

I said Kane was poor in the Croatia game and I think he was even worse tonight, so the first question of note is.. does Southgate drop him from the Czech game ?.

I agree if Stones' header had gone in it could well have been different. And I knew the Scotch would come out and battle like that and for some reason most of our players looked surprised and very short of ideas. And they didn't just look for a 0-0, they created some chances as well and I think we have to accept the point for what it is.

A draw in the last group game will put us through as runners up, or a win will put us through of course as the group winners, and that will affect who we play in the first knockout round. It wasn't good enough tonight but fingers crossed, we will see better than that in the next game.

England over-hyped yet again , Scotland certainly deserve some credit I M O, they fully deserved the draw , same as the last game v Czechs , played well but couldn't score , some of these commentators are poor and biased , Italy game v Swiss , one comment was " they haven't played any of the Big Teams yet" ? Big Teams ? They have 5 gold stars above the Badge , that tells you something , to my knowledge only Germany have more ,
    Meanwhile England ☆and 2nd Favourites , having a laugh surely ,
    Not good enough , must improve 5/10 ,,

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The magnitude of the fixture is because it's England v Scotland , it's a different thing altogether if its England v France in the knock out stages .

Totally different .

Did we have bad players out there tonight ?

We all know we haven't .

Do we need to grow in to the tournament ?

Absolutely .

Just a bit pyssed at the overreaction .

Italia 90

England 1-1 Republic Of Ireland

The media called for the team to be brought home .

We were an inch away from winning the bstrd .

Get out of the group , let's judge it from there .

That's my take .
    I think your missing the point of england v scotland it dosnt matter when you play them or where you play them world cup or totty cup you need to beat them you need to show them no mercy and rub it in their faces.

we looked like a bunch of fairies playing tig with ya mates.

I think using the magnitude of the fixture is a bit of a cop out what if England managed to get to the final against Scotland and again played without any passion would we use the same excuse? Regardless of who we play the players have got to give their all and if that’s not good enough fair play but if they don’t show up they can expect criticism off the fans.

England ****e......Val leaving to west brom and will probably take mowat...
    Depressing....... sometimes football just isn't the answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast