+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 - England vs. Scotland

To be fair though, in tournament qualifying groups 'respect the point' has more going for it than national league games

That was easily the most insipid, uninspiring display I've seen by any football team since Ardley got the sack. First decent team we meet will tuck us up like a kipper.

Half expected to see Davy, Elite and Pedro in the stands, pointing at Southgate and chanting "are you Ardley, are you Ardley, are you Ardley in disguise......."

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    That was easily the most insipid, uninspiring display I've seen by any football team since Ardley got the sack. First decent team we meet will tuck us up like a kipper.
    Yes indeed. Truly abysmal by England. Will have to suffer for this from the locals.

Marginally better in the second half, but not remotely good enough. I presume Gareth Southgate asked them politely if they could raise their effort levels a tiny bit, when what was deserved was a Warnock-style b*ll*cking. Teams like Italy and France will rip England to pieces if they carry on playing like that.

I'm happy, took me right back to watching tournaments as a kid.
    England might get further in this competition by finishing 2nd.

Really sad seeing so many empty seats though when other countries are at full capacity and back to normal. I can appreciate now how football fans behind the iron curtain in the 70s and 80s must have felt watching live World Cup games on TV from the free world.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Marginally better in the second half, but not remotely good enough. I presume Gareth Southgate asked them politely if they could raise their effort levels a tiny bit, when what was deserved was a Warnock-style b*ll*cking. Teams like Italy and France will rip England to pieces if they carry on playing like that.
    If we play like that we have not got a hope in hell against any contender.

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Half expected to see Davy, Elite and Pedro in the stands, pointing at Southgate and chanting "are you Ardley, are you Ardley, are you Ardley in disguise......."
    How did you miss me? I was chanting a lot louder than Davy and Pedro.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm happy, took me right back to watching tournaments as a kid.
    England might get further in this competition by finishing 2nd.

Really sad seeing so many empty seats though when other countries are at full capacity and back to normal. I can appreciate now how football fans behind the iron curtain in the 70s and 80s must have felt watching live World Cup games on TV from the free world.
    England would definitely benefit from finishing second, but will always lose to the first decent team they play.

One of the worst games I’ve ever attended was the 0-0 against Algeria in 2010, in Cape Town, so I’ve sat through some dross over the years watching England. Tonight was pretty bad; Scotland were the better team yet Robertson is probably their only top-class player.

Playing with the handbrake on yet again, as others have said, Light years behind Italy and France, based on that showing. And what’s wrong with Harry Kane? Playing like he’s got lead in his boots.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    wrong with Harry Kane? Playing like he’s got lead in his boots.
    Uncertainty about where he's going to be playing next season playing on his mind? He said he wanted to get that sorted before the tournament. Interested clubs might be having second thoughts after tonight.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast