+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020 - England vs. Scotland

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Euro 2020 - England vs. Scotland

McGregor starts for Scotland. Grealish on England's bench.

COY Ex. P

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    McGregor starts for Scotland. Grealish on England's bench.

COY Ex. P
    Scotland have picked a very attacking starting 11.

Looking at the teams, England should dominate in centre mid with Mctominay playing in defence for the Scots

I’d like to see Foden play in the middle where he can get on the ball more instead of stuck out left with a proper forward playing up top, Grealish or Sancho would tear these apart.

England =Ardley ball, Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Absolutely. That was Ardleyball on steroids. The times England have had the opportunity to cross the ball and turned around and passed it backwards. So frustrating to watch.

It was very reminiscent of Notts at times before IB. Passing the ball backwards to the edge of our own half when in the opposing final third, nobody being brave or making anything happen. Waiting for Scotland to make a mistake. Slow build up in the oppositions half. Few chances created.

It needs more creativity and spark second half and Grealish needs to get involved.

My exact thought as well, before I'd even logged on to see your comment.

There was a time when the England team used to waste possession and then chased the ball to the extent where they were all huffed and puffed out by the end of the group stages. This team keeps the ball better, but they've gone from one extreme to the other, playing slow, safe passes which pose far less threat to limited opponents than we should. The blueprint to follow in this tournament has been Italy, tigerish out of possession and purposeful and fast with their passing when they get the ball.

If Gareth Southgate is any sort of manager he should be kicking some urgency into the players and demanding they take the tempo up by several notches. We won't beat Scotland or anyone else playing like we did in that half.

Exactly what I was thinking. It's really boring. Why is Kane so deep? Why is Grealish not playing? Mount is so overrated too, the new Lampard he is not.

I relate far more to Scotland truth be told. Their anthem is better too.

Feels just like watching Notts against Fword. Will be very happy if it stays like this, then we'll go on and beat Croatia 1-0, finish 3rd and miss out on a lack of goals scored.

Agree with the guys above - it is Ardleyball. Looks like Reeves and Doyle with 4 defenders behind them - and one immobile striker with 3 confused midfielders behind him. It's boring.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast