+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: England v Scotland Match Preview

England v Scotland Match Preview

This match needs no introduction so I won’t bother introducing it. Suffice to say I feel the only man who can lose this for England is Gareth. He is rather like Admiral Jellicoe who was regarded as the only man who could have lost World War 1 in an afternoon. Shaw and James come in at full backs. Why James is preferred to Trippier at right back only God and Gareth know. Scotland are at their most dangerous down their left flank with Robertson and Tierney. I hope Gareth has done the math. Come on England.

England far from in charge as the Scottish fans make their presence known. Southgate's tactics seem to exclude Kane at the moment.

No creativity, constant passing back, we're going nowhere at the moment.

The first half from England apart from some good early chances was a shambles. Little creativity. Crying out for Grealish to run at the Scottish defence.

That's two "at the moment" moments, must stop repeating myself.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    No creativity, constant passing back, we're going nowhere at the moment.
    That was absolute rubbish - we are letting them dictate the game - we have all the gifted footballers and look clueless .

I’m so disappointed with that all that talk
    Of pride in the shirt and what’s at stake - they want a kick up the backside most of them - more crab football something were world champions at.

We have the best finisher up front for us and we can’t even create half a chance for him to get a goal.

So shockingly bad and now Souness will be purring like a Cheshire Cat

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    So shockingly bad and now Souness will be purring like a Cheshire Cat
    He is army, let's hope the 2nd half wipes that smug grin off his face.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    He is army, let's hope the 2nd half wipes that smug grin off his face.
    Southgate is clueless.Game is crying out for Grealish.

God, our finishing is poor, that's two good chances wasted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)