+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Southgate- What is the Yes Man actually afraid of ?

I would think what ever game plan he could have had in his mind, any manager, would have noticed and seen, at least that nothing was coming through to Kane, and our forwards. Then he could have changed his midfield. Already fans were restless. But nothing happened. He did bring on Rashford, but if passes were not coming in for Kane ,the same situation was the same for Rashford . For what I try to 'pick up ', Grealish is a playmaker, I would have played him in midfield and not as a 'winger'.( I think you limit his skill ,by playing on the wing.) In midfield he can use his skills to his best advantage''

Unfortunately Alto we are it seems-like many others.
    i am beginning to think we live in a parallel world though, when I hear Lineker telling all of us what a great asset Southgate is!
    I have realised that this doesnt just run through football but throughout society-at all levels too.
    Comedians dont make me laugh anymore ,but then again I was never PC and according to the boss (wife) I get more like Victor Meldrew daily.
    As regards BFC I think I might be a liitle unfair to Pace and ALK as am expecting big news anytime-next season before every match ALK will be treating the fans to an OMMPAH band before home games with flashing coloured lights in the stands (more investment)
    Personally I cant wait as am sure it will enhance my matchday experience

I have been saying for a while now that the whole world has gone to pot Plughole.

It seems that nowadays you get praise, or a wage increase and get better thought of for failure in many walks of life.

Some good points Balan

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I'm beginning to wonder Alto, could Gareth be playing the long game, just qualify by playing it tight in the group stage, and then unleash our attacking talent in the knock-out games. We could go all the way, even win it if this is the strategy, we could be watching a football genius at work........or he could just be clueless.
    Seems like I'm right, Gareth has confirmed it,

"Southgate admitted he was, in the game’s latter stages, playing not to lose against Scotland. He did not want the shape of the team to collapse in all-out attack and had made his peace with managing the wider tournament picture, not the immediate emotion of the night."

Gareth is a man with a plan, just qualify then watch us go, England 8/1 to win the thing with Billy Hill, fill your boots.

"Southgate admitted he was, in the game’s latter stages, playing not to lose against Scotland. He did not want the shape of the team to collapse in all-out attack and had made his peace with managing the wider tournament picture, not the immediate emotion of the night."

Gareth is a man with a plan, just qualify then watch us go, England 8/1 to win the thing with Billy Hill, fill your boots.
    I have tried your tips before sinkov. You are aware you have just put the sinkov "Kiss of Death" on England.

A little earner for you today sinkov. Go for McIlroy to win the US Open later today. Easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A little earner for you today sinkov. Go for McIlroy to win the US Open later today. Easy money.
    Thanks for the tip BT, but not my thing golf, don't know the first thing about it. Aiden is bringing our Leger horse along nice and quietly, into 8/1 now with PaddyPower, who tend to know the time of day with the Irish horses.

Jamie Carragher making excuses for his mate,

"What I like about Gareth is he is not shy to make those big calls, as shown when he changed a winning team against the Scots. Replacing the full-backs made sense."

Twisted logic from Jamie, it made sense, but it was Gareth's nonsensical decision to play Trippier on the left in the first place that forced him into making that big call. It's like some idiot has left the chip pan unattended in the kitchen, and then praising them for having the sense to call the Fire Brigade when they realise the kitchen's burning down.

Southgate admitted he was, in the game’s latter stages, playing not to lose against Scotland. He did not want the shape of the team to collapse in all-out attack and had made his peace with managing the wider tournament picture, not the immediate emotion of the night."
    Has he said this to save his soul from all Media?
    Southgate said of the June 2017 meeting;
    “I think good teams win games late. They are capable of coming back from setbacks.'' Gareth's knowledge? In 2017!

Then of his game against Scotland? (Did he really say?) In the game’s latter stages, playing not to lose against Scotland. He did not want the shape of the team to collapse in all-out attack and had made his peace with managing the wider tournament picture.

But what about ''Good teams win games late?'' So in his mind is England just 'mediocre'? Are they not all 'top professionals'?

''He did not want the shape of the team to collapse?'' Against a team like Scotland? It really is the defence that stop the opponents doing any mischief, a solid defence? But what about the attack? It is said ''the best defence is attack!'' If we are attacking ,what is the other team doing?
    I see here a great mistake!
    Jadon Sancho was on the bench the first game and the second too. He is a young player sitting on the bench with thoughts of ,''why am I not playing?'' he plays in the Bundesliga For B. Dortmund, who could believe that a 100-million-euro player with 16 goals and 20 assists last season was left on the bench. Southgate's mind was on the game ,but it has also to be on the team, the players. Sancho needs to be brought in gradually, eased into the team. No harm in bringing on a winger!! That does not alter the shape of the team.
    Well! bring on the next Gladiators.

This reminds me of a game I was in charge of my village youth team. We always play 7 a side, but this game in some tournament was 11. Ok, we started to loose 3-1. When one young boy started to ask ,''could I play''? He asked 3 times, but really, he had 2 left feet !
    I called him to me, and told him when I signal to you, walk on the pitch. I called the ref ,''a change!'' I then called the lad that was the furthest away to come to me. I signalled, the 2 left feet lad, to play. As the lad whom I called to come to me came, I said ''attack more,'' and sent him back on the pitch. So we played with 12 players and still lost!! The ref ,he should check his eyesight!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)