+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southgate- What is the Yes Man actually afraid of ?

Southgate- What is the Yes Man actually afraid of ?

During the intervals of every game since England scraped a win over Croatia , the experts have talked about nothing else except this game tonight, as though nothing else mattered. What we have witnessed in those 2 games has been nothing short of pathetic with a capital P. I cannot believe with the talent at our disposal , that this is the best they can do. Tonight they played against a team that tried to look the part, even with players from the likes of QPR. That’s right, a struggling team in this seasons championship. I’d like to know what Southgate is actually afraid of. In both games so far, there is a severe lack of attacking , football, which is the least they are capable of. The media are doing a great job with all the hype, if building the Premier Leagues finest players into something they are not. I also cannot believe that the heirarchy at the English FA are happy seeing such lacklustre performances. Scotland wouldn’t have scored if they’d played till Hune next year, let alone tonight.
    Something HAS to change if this team wants to attack the opposition. What’s holding them back ? Otherwise, the first team England come up against with a bit of flair and that will be it.My only worry then, is that the English FA will be stupid enough to retain the services of one of the most negative managers , English football has ever had.

I was very impressed with the performance.I have never seen such a quick knee.They accompanied it with cheers and music over the loudspeakers to drown out the booing and even the Jocks went along with it.Southgate must have been very satisfied.

Spot on MW, Southgate doesn't do attacking as has been said elsewhere, he plays not to concede and hopes we get a goal but as he is clueless attacking wise those options don't present themselves too often.

Southgate is clueless. End of.

He's afraid of his own shadow Mal.

The players we have are good enough with a half decent Manager/Coach leading them.

I said when Southgate was appointed that he did nothing to merit being given the job as he'd done buggar all at Club level.

We started again after the World Cup and Southgate said we should build on the great job we did in that world cup, strange that I along with many thought we achieved nothing in that competition as we didnt play anyone with any merit.

We have reasonable players who could gain much more with proper guidance, so for me the only folk to blame and point the finger at are the FA, who have been proved with countless other things to not be fit for purpose

It looked for all the world, with his team selection, substitutions and incessant playing the ball back into our own half, that Gareth was playing for a draw. But against a piss poor Scottish team, that couldn't possibly have been the case.........could it ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It looked for all the world, with his team selection, substitutions and incessant playing the ball back into our own half, that Gareth was playing for a draw. But against a piss poor Scottish team, that couldn't possibly have been the case.........could it ?
    You've said it above Sinkov, in short, he hasnt got a scooby doo.

I'm beginning to wonder Alto, could Gareth be playing the long game, just qualify by playing it tight in the group stage, and then unleash our attacking talent in the knock-out games. We could go all the way, even win it if this is the strategy, we could be watching a football genius at work........or he could just be clueless.

Smoke and Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    During the intervals of every game since England scraped a win over Croatia , the experts have talked about nothing else except this game tonight, as though nothing else mattered. What we have witnessed in those 2 games has been nothing short of pathetic with a capital P. I cannot believe with the talent at our disposal , that this is the best they can do. Tonight they played against a team that tried to look the part, even with players from the likes of QPR. That’s right, a struggling team in this seasons championship. I’d like to know what Southgate is actually afraid of. In both games so far, there is a severe lack of attacking , football, which is the least they are capable of. The media are doing a great job with all the hype, if building the Premier Leagues finest players into something they are not. I also cannot believe that the heirarchy at the English FA are happy seeing such lacklustre performances. Scotland wouldn’t have scored if they’d played till Hune next year, let alone tonight.
    Something HAS to change if this team wants to attack the opposition. What’s holding them back ? Otherwise, the first team England come up against with a bit of flair and that will be it.My only worry then, is that the English FA will be stupid enough to retain the services of one of the most negative managers , English football has ever had.
    Southgate was first and foremost an average Premier League player who could "talk the talk"
    Failed as a manager at Middlesboro, and then re-surfaced in the England youth set up.
    Caretaker and then manager of England who in truth failed at the World Cup.
    His job according to his employers is safe whatever the results.
    In any other job he would he would have departed long since.
    I have compared him previously to URIAH HEEP-he lives on in Southgate!
    Things are bad enough with the continuous B...S..T and deathly silence from Turf Moor and hoped the Euros would re-kindle my spirit-I should have known better

Your last 6 words on post # 8 hit the nail on the head Sinkov.

Glad we are of the same thinking Plughole

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)