+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone watch the Derby game this eve?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But Hungary aren't worse than us
    So Im thinking its time for eating umbles pie by a few on this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    So Im thinking its time for eating umbles pie by a few on this thread?
    I was going to do so before your helpful reminder, yes I got it wrong overall, the early stuff WAS turgid though

I know one thing...people are paying a lot more for England tickets than they ever have for Derby.
    I know a guy who, on Tuesday, was happy to buy a ticket for £595...by yesterday it looked like being £945 and the latest I heard was that they were going for £7k!!!
    Madness...by comparison I heard a guy talking on R5 earlier this week saying how he’d paid 15/- (75p Adi if you’re still there) for a World Cup Final ticket in ‘66.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I know one thing...people are paying a lot more for England tickets than they ever have for Derby.
    I know a guy who, on Tuesday, was happy to buy a ticket for £595...by yesterday it looked like being £945 and the latest I heard was that they were going for £7k!!!
    Madness...by comparison I heard a guy talking on R5 earlier this week saying how he’d paid 15/- (75p Adi if you’re still there) for a World Cup Final ticket in ‘66.
    I’ve made a post-retirement vow not to attend any event that costs me more than £50 to get into. That’s already kyboshed the ‘100’ double header in Birmingham (£55)

On a similar subject I recently unearthed my ticket to the 1979 Knebworth Festival - Led Zeppelin, Utopia, Commander Cody, Fairport Convention (their ‘farewell’ gig- do me a favour I bet they’ve played 5000 gigs since then), Chas’n’Dave and Southside Johnny - for £7.50! I checked eBay and the ticket ALONE (ie no gig, you missed it) is fetching £250…

I’ve made a post-retirement vow not to attend any event that costs me more than £50 to get into. That’s already kyboshed the ‘100’ double header in Birmingham (£55)

On a similar subject I recently unearthed my ticket to the 1979 Knebworth Festival - Led Zeppelin, Utopia, Commander Cody, Fairport Convention (their ‘farewell’ gig- do me a favour I bet they’ve played 5000 gigs since then), Chas’n’Dave and Southside Johnny - for £7.50! I checked eBay and the ticket ALONE (ie no gig, you missed it) is fetching £250…
    Which just goes to prove how prices were accelerating even then. I went to the first one - ‘The Bucolic Frolic’ - in 1974. Allman Bros, Doobie Bros, Van Morrison, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Tim Buckley amongst others...60,000 enjoyed a great day and perfect weather for............£2.75!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 10-07-2021 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Which just goes to prove how prices were accelerating even then. I went to the first one - ‘The Bucolic Frolic’ - in 1974. Allman Bros, Doobie Bros, Van Morrison, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Sensational Alex Harvey Band, Tim Buckley amongst others...60,000 enjoyed a great day and perfect weather for............£2.75!
    yes prices have gone nuts, although my tastes since way back in the 70s (with the odd exception ie Zep, Rush) is to find appealling those who were on the way up, the way down or ploughing their own leftfield furrow

yes prices have gone nuts, although my tastes since way back in the 70s (with the odd exception ie Zep, Rush) is to find appealling those who were on the way up, the way down or ploughing their own leftfield furrow
    £ 4.25 I believe for the 1976 one with Stones, 10cc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Utopia, Hot Tuna, Don Harrison plus a legitimate (failed) ****er on stage during the prolonged delays before the last two acts came on. Rumoured to have fallen of stage and broken a few bones......

Still value for money in the end as it overran by 2 hours or more as the Stones didn't get on stage until after the whole things was due to end........

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    £ 4.25 I believe for the 1976 one with Stones, 10cc, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Utopia, Hot Tuna, Don Harrison plus a legitimate (failed) ****er on stage during the prolonged delays before the last two acts came on. Rumoured to have fallen of stage and broken a few bones......

Still value for money in the end as it overran by 2 hours or more as the Stones didn't get on stage until after the whole things was due to end........
    Ah Skynyrd, what a band. Got me sacked from my last covers band

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)