+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone watch the Derby game this eve?

Anyone watch the Derby game this eve?

Sorry Mrs F just told me it wasn't Derby it was England. I seldom watch England play and now I remember why.

Yep, looks like Derby coached Mason Mount well in how not to clear the first man

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Sorry Mrs F just told me it wasn't Derby it was England. I seldom watch England play and now I sremember why.
    Harsh...I mean apart from the white shirts, the complete absence of a midfield, the inability to take corners, the useless substitutions that changed nothing and not one shot on target...what other resemblance was there?

Mind you...before Mrs.F and mac get excited, if England looked like Derby then Scotland are the tournament equivalent of Wycombe Wanderers...spirited rubbish. Still...Wales looked useful.

I made that very comment during the game. Scotland had a good game plan and executed it perfectly with a lot of energy.

England, on the other hand, apart from on a couple of occasions were slow, overly cautious, devoid of ideas and totally lacking in energy. They were, in a word, lethargic. Just like watching Derby.

Conversely, I thought the defence and keeper did well. I think it would be a travesty if either Stones or Mings was dropped to make way for Maguire.

I did make the point to Mrs F that there are few countries on earth that would be celebrating P1 W0 D1 L1 F 0 A 2. They'll probably still celebrate after they get beaten by a proper team (Croatia)

I'm dreading England qualifying then playing France or Italy. I've said before I'm no great studier of the game but Italy look like the Real Deal

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I did make the point to Mrs F that there are few countries on earth that would be celebrating P1 W0 D1 L1 F 0 A 2. They'll probably still celebrate after they get beaten by a proper team (Croatia)

I'm dreading England qualifying then playing France or Italy. I've said before I'm no great studier of the game but Italy look like the Real Deal
    She’d possibly been listening to ‘Cyclops’ Souness too much, AF...listening to him you’d have thought they’d won the tournament. Please tell me the Czech Republic match is on BBC...thought ITV’s coverage was dire.

P.S. Wow...Hungary’s anthem is worse than ours!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 19-06-2021 at 12:57 PM.

Your punishment is eating haggis until it oozes out of every orifice!!
    England's biggest indictment is that they couldn't score against us!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Hungary’s anthem is worse than ours!
    But Hungary aren't worse than us

Name:  scot home early.JPG
Views: 600
Size:  43.5 KB

Classic, I'm going to share that picture tomorrow during my conference call, the project director and senior project manager are both Scottish and based up there, both tossers so I will give me great pleasure 👍

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)