+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well done Ben 🇨🇱

Well done Ben 🇨🇱

Ben brereton nets on his first start for Chile and does it as a centre forward.
    He could be a big player for us if Armstrong goes.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Ben brereton nets on his first start for Chile and does it as a centre forward.
    He could be a big player for us if Armstrong goes.
    Nah, he will be the next one through the door mate if he gets a few more.
    This raises his profile massively and if we got an offer for what we paid or above he would be off.
    He was treated like ****e by our fan base (like Mowbray, like SG) and written off at 19 years of age.
    He will be off the first chance he gets, and I don't blame him at all.

if Venkys dont submit their company accounts in the next few days we will get a 12 month transfer embargo and once the likes of Ben and Arma leave we will be looking at relegation next season. And the vast majority of fans who used to go have mostly lost interest or fallen out of the habit of going to matches. Rovers wont sell 4 thousand season tickets next season. And it is not yet clear just how much of a financial mess we are in. I would imagine its worse than ever.
    Only now we have lost another 4/5k fans. The average home crowd next season will be around 5k.

What I loved was he played left wing. In the exact same position he plays for Rovers. Where TM was rounded on and ridiculed.
    People decided what position he played. Therefore decided it was not LF.
    They then decided he was not a footballer, and decided to start booing him in home games. And wondered why his confidence was shot.
    They then blamed all of that Mowbray.
    They then decided very early on (aged 19) he was not going to make it. They then decided to bring up his transfer fee every time we didnt win a game.

He will continue to flourish as Left forward. He will continue to play LF as that is his best position. When he gets his move, he will be played LF and at 22 he has all the time in the world.
    Jack Vale is 22. Butterworth is 23. Both are so far behind is frightening.

When he played international football he played in the position our manager has been ridiculed for. Aswell as the transfer fee. Which will both turn out to be incorrect.
    Not one of those 'fans' will admit they are wrong though.

Yes the company accounts worry me and I think it will be eye watering.
    As for brereton,I fancy him to stay and kick on to hit a half decent goals tally.
    Just for the record I have supported him throughout and thought he would come good unlike some who thought he was a complete waste of money.
    The next couple of weeks will make or break our season,if the accounts are ok(that's at best)then we will be ok but if another embargo comes along then we could well see a return to league one,in a situation worse than when we were in it last.
    This season just gone was the best opportunity we would of had of a play off push and failed miserably.

Yes the company accounts worry me and I think it will be eye watering.
    As for brereton,I fancy him to stay and kick on to hit a half decent goals tally.
    Just for the record I have supported him throughout and thought he would come good unlike some who thought he was a complete waste of money.
    The next couple of weeks will make or break our season,if the accounts are ok(that's at best)then we will be ok but if another embargo comes along then we could well see a return to league one,in a situation worse than when we were in it last.
    This season just gone was the best opportunity we would of had of a play off push and failed miserably.
    I just would hope things like this put into perspective the managers role. Everyone is quick to lambast him. Slate his every decision. More often than not, TM will be right, and the average fan knows absolutely nothing.
    But they will come back week after week panning the guy telling him he needs to leave.

The squad of players we had where nowhere near good enough to go up. Not even close. The likes of Fulham are miles ahead of us.
    What do all these Fulhams, Norwich, WBA have in common?? Huge cities. Big fan bases. Huge financial backing.
    What are we? The smallest town in the Champ. The poorest area in the champ.
    No fan base at all. Abd our best player got injured for the entire season.
    Where on earth did you get last season was the be all and end all?
    We are tint in comparison to most of these clubs. We do well to finish midtable.

Last Season on paper our squad in my opinion was top 6/push standard,now I am fully aware that football isn't played on paper but hell we even went backwards on the season before.
    We can all play the dack was injured most of the season card but up to the end of January we were where we needed to be.
    Fast forward to the end of March and we were on relegation form and hurtling towards the drop zone.
    Was this all mowbrays fault?of course not but he is the manager and the buck ultimately stops there.
    Should we of replaced him at the end of February?yes I believe we should of done and I still stand by that now and the season ticket sales will reflect the feeling within the fan base.
    Sure some will not be returning because of venkys and some won't return because they have got used to not having the football in their life but make no bones about it,some will be fed up with the fact we are going backwards and heading back to league one.

Now I know you are currently pro mowbray but give it a few months you will be anti mowbray.
    I still maintain he has run his course with us,thanks for all you have done but under his management we will end up back to where we were when he took over.
    Bang in trouble with not a pot to piss in.

Last Season on paper our squad in my opinion was top 6/push standard,now I am fully aware that football isn't played on paper but hell we even went backwards on the season before.
    We can all play the dack was injured most of the season card but up to the end of January we were where we needed to be.
    Fast forward to the end of March and we were on relegation form and hurtling towards the drop zone.
    Was this all mowbrays fault?of course not but he is the manager and the buck ultimately stops there.
    Should we of replaced him at the end of February?yes I believe we should of done and I still stand by that now and the season ticket sales will reflect the feeling within the fan base.
    Sure some will not be returning because of venkys and some won't return because they have got used to not having the football in their life but make no bones about it,some will be fed up with the fact we are going backwards and heading back to league one.
    I said at the start of last season I thought we would be in a relegation fight. Had we not started well, we would have been. I thought we would go down. I think we will this season if we get a transfer ban.
    I am just a bit suprised you thought we would go up last season?
    We finished mid table the season before. Never once looked like we could go up.

I never once said we would go up,I said we should of been pushing for the top 6 and I strongly believe with the players added we could of achieved that or at least pushed for it.
    We went backwards with a better squad.

I never once said we would go up,I said we should of been pushing for the top 6 and I strongly believe with the players added we could of achieved that or at least pushed for it.
    We went backwards with a better squad.
    The squad your are comparing it to had Dack. This one didn't.
    The squad your comparing it to had a settled back 4 to a large extent, this one had six different centre half pairings due to several long term injuries to key defenders. With the best ones missing the majority of the season.
    The side you are comparing it to had Travis. This one didn't, he was mainly injured or on his way back. He missed almost all of last season. Most of the players added had little or no impact, as the rest of the side was decimated with injury.
    Before a ball was kicked, I would have agreed.
    Once the season started and the injuries kicked in, we had no chance. Losing Dack after he made it back then killed us again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)