+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well done Ben 🇨🇱

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Now I know you are currently pro mowbray but give it a few months you will be anti mowbray.
    I still maintain he has run his course with us,thanks for all you have done but under his management we will end up back to where we were when he took over.
    Bang in trouble with not a pot to piss in.

Like anyone, yes my views have slightly altered over the years. Where in the past I had said time was up for Mowbray, I simply reached a point where I stepped back and stopped caring.
    I want Rovers to do well, but I am pretty non plussed either way.
    As I stopped going, and feeling involved, my interest wained.
    I think my views have remained consistent since then, which was a good 18 months ago.
    After the original lockdown.
    Since then I just say how I see it.
    We will never every go back up. Football has changed and will never return back to the old game. A club like us will never go back up and win the league. 1995 was the turning point.
    No matter what folk think, we are just a midtable Champ club at the very best. We will never really go any higher.
    Had Jack Walker not put his money in, that's exactly where we would have remained.
    Folk truly believe we can keep changing managers will spell success. it wont.
    Folk still believe we can go up. We cant.
    Folk still remember the gold old days of the 90's. They need to forget them.

Folk moaning and blaming all of where we are as a club on Tony Mowbray is laughable, in my opinion.
    We where a midtable club a 100 years before he turned up. And will remain one way after he is long gone.
    None of that will change with Gareth Ainsworth, me, Jose Mourhinio or the next best thing in football.
    You cant change the town. You cant change the fan base. You cant change FFP. You cant change the majority of clubs at our level simply being much bigger and stronger.
    Instead of just realising where we are, some still live in hope.
    I just have differing views.
    Doesnt make me right and you wrong or vice versa. Its an opinion.
    I have not said anything that contradicts any of that stance in a whole season and a half and will not be simply changing my mind in a few months.
    Are we going anywhere under TM? No. Thats why I lost interest.
    Would that chanhe under anyone else? No.

Would you say prior to dyche going to Burnley,they were destined for the premier league and punch well above their weight year on year.
    You cannot wave a white flag and just accept that we are mid table forever more.
    All you need is that lucky break and a manager who can get the best out of what he has.
    They do exist,sadly few and far between.

Would you say prior to dyche going to Burnley,they were destined for the premier league and punch well above their weight year on year.
    You cannot wave a white flag and just accept that we are mid table forever more.
    All you need is that lucky break and a manager who can get the best out of what he has.
    They do exist,sadly few and far between.
    While I was typing that what was also running through my mind was ....unless we got really lucky and found a Dyche. Like Burnley.

Its not Burnley that are any good. Or that they had great insight. They just got incredibly lucky. The day he leaves, they will simply bounce back down the divisions again. Abd tumble back into obscurity.

But thats all it would be, just luck. One day, yes, we could get really lucky and find a decent manger who works wonders. out of the 100's in the English game, you are talking about 00.001% of them being any good. So unless that happens, and the odds are massively stacked against you, then its best to just have stability when you are a club like us. Thats what I think anyway.

Interesting thing is tony mowbrays contract expires at the end of next season.
    Then we will see which direction this team is heading.
    I understand the not sacking mowbray with money being tight but I can see us promoting Johnson.
    Is that the correct option?
    A unknown quantity can either be a monumental mistake or a breath of fresh air to a stagnating situation.

Interesting thing is tony mowbrays contract expires at the end of next season.
    Then we will see which direction this team is heading.
    I understand the not sacking mowbray with money being tight but I can see us promoting Johnson.
    Is that the correct option?
    A unknown quantity can either be a monumental mistake or a breath of fresh air to a stagnating situation.
    I can't see Mowbray being here after his contract expires. Trouble is, we are starting to let a number of contracts run down. Look at Armstrong. Brereton's contract runs out at the end of the season. If he carries on scoring goals in this Copa America and has a good season, we could end up losing out on a big fee if we wait 12 months.

I just don't rate what is going on behind closed doors at Rovers on the training pitch. Not many improve. We look disorganised quite alot. Our injury record is shocking. I have questioned the training methods for quite a while. I'm not entirely convinced the young lads are being coached well, and are not coming on leaps and bounds.
    I wouldn't promote Johnson.
    If anything I would seriously consider closing the academy down, its too costly and we are not bearing any real fruits from it. You need to produce players who you sell on for decent money, we don't appear to be doing that. And haven't for a good while. Its a luxury we simply can't afford.
    Personally I would change direction. Get in a good lower league scouting network and employ more european scouts and tap into those leagues more.
    What will happen come August is Rovers will take 2 Man City youngsters on and a Liverpool young lad.
    Which is fine. But why have our own academy if we are going to do that every season?
    Its a total waste of resource.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)