+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: For the future of English football.

This reminds me of a post-defeat reaction to the Millers. For RUFC insert England.

Manager not up to it. Players not good enough.

We drew with Scotland, who played extremely well.

You can't win EVERY game!

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    This reminds me of a post-defeat reaction to the Millers. For RUFC insert England.

Manager not up to it. Players not good enough.

We drew with Scotland, who played extremely well.

You can't win EVERY game!
    Correct

A long way to go yet, plus lacklustre performances now can mean finishing 2nd in the group so getting a better draw in the next round

Best thing for English football would be to get rid of the FA as they've been holding us back since at least the 1940s.

Everyone’s on Sterlings back: he’s scored 13 in his last 18 for England and several assists in that spell too. Think he might have got the winner against Croatia too if my memory serves me correctly. Define poor form...
    Still a key player for me.

Quote Originally Posted by DK_NY View Post
    Everyone’s on Sterlings back: he’s scored 13 in his last 18 for England and several assists in that spell too. Think he might have got the winner against Croatia too if my memory serves me correctly. Define poor form...
    Still a key player for me.
    Just because he scored a goal doesn’t mean he can’t be crap.

He’s been crap in both games IMO, probably not his fault if he hasn’t got the right partner/s on but still no need to be ball greedy when you have a player waving a ****ing plane in and he just looks for a Pen.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Correct

A long way to go yet, plus lacklustre performances now can mean finishing 2nd in the group so getting a better draw in the next round
    Maybe Southgate used his footballing brain after all

He strikes me as a manager who has very little imagination and plods along with the same players time and time again, regardless of form. Very few tactical adjustments to counter issues in games, just keep plodding along and hoping.

You can kind of excuse him for not going all out yesterday as it is a tournament after all and qualifying without any huge hiccups suffices for now.

BUT, the biggest issue I have with England is the glaringly obvious one that he can't really rectify easily. A dearth of talent in key positions. Once we progess to the latter stages our CBs and CMs will get exposed. We have plenty of attacking talent (doesn't seem to find the right blend mind), and we are relatively strong at full back each side but through the middle we are meh. On pure talent alone I don't think we will go that deep (beyond QF), I just don't see our midfield being able to outplay anyone of significance.

But yes, Southgate isn't particularly creative and does come across as a huge yes man to those above. Safe pair of hands, yawn yawn.

Oh and get Clive Tyldsley back on Comms ITV. Criminal having that Matterface guy in comparison.

The game was utter garbage.no passion at all from England..scotland clearly wanted it more...Kane(non existant).Mount(looked good for 1st 20mins).Foden(I like him,but yesterday looked average)..Sterling(biggest thief in football,how on earth does he get the money he does..very rarely beats his man,loses the ball more times than anyone else..and the amount of times he miss kicks the ball or runs it out is unbelievable.Now the manager Southgate(the must boring inept and complete defensive manager we are blessed with..tactically clueless...rather settle for 0-0 than kill the game off and qualifying with a game to spare..but then again,in his words...we dont want to peak too early..!!!!

Team last night Pickford yes James Shaw both maybe Stones maybe Mings no Foden on last night no Rice Philip's one not both yes Mount yes Sterling no Kane yes subs Rashford no Grealish yes

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    He strikes me as a manager who has very little imagination and plods along with the same players time and time again, regardless of form. Very few tactical adjustments to counter issues in games, just keep plodding along and hoping.

You can kind of excuse him for not going all out yesterday as it is a tournament after all and qualifying without any huge hiccups suffices for now.

BUT, the biggest issue I have with England is the glaringly obvious one that he can't really rectify easily. A dearth of talent in key positions. Once we progess to the latter stages our CBs and CMs will get exposed. We have plenty of attacking talent (doesn't seem to find the right blend mind), and we are relatively strong at full back each side but through the middle we are meh. On pure talent alone I don't think we will go that deep (beyond QF), I just don't see our midfield being able to outplay anyone of significance.

But yes, Southgate isn't particularly creative and does come across as a huge yes man to those above. Safe pair of hands, yawn yawn.

Oh and get Clive Tyldsley back on Comms ITV. Criminal having that Matterface guy in comparison.
    I think the pundits on both channels are particularly poor, commentary not much better either.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast