+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early Bird ST?

Early Bird ST?

Renewed my ST on Wed., does anybody know if I will get a new style card or will my existing one be updated?

You must be mad.

Why is anybody lining Lai’s pocket!?

Until our fans grow a backbone and act in solidarity by shunning home matches and only supporting away games then we’re stuck with him.

I’m a bit fed up of this “I’ve not missed a match since Jesse Pennington’s debut” type scenario from fans!

FOL........tout suite!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why is anybody lining Lai’s pocket!?

Until our fans grow a backbone and act in solidarity by shunning home matches and only supporting away games then we’re stuck with him.

I’m a bit fed up of this “I’ve not missed a match since Jesse Pennington’s debut” type scenario from fans!

FOL........tout suite!

This will be the first season refusing to buy one! Will go to away grounds for banter but very few at home!

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Renewed my ST on Wed., does anybody know if I will get a new style card or will my existing one be updated?
    They're posting everyone new ones from memory Tony.

Thanks '68 for the reasonable response.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggies_Boy_Tony View Post
    Thanks '68 for the reasonable response.
    Yes Tony I renewed mine with a mate on Thursday and was told a new one will be issued sometime in July. Always support the lads when we are in the smelly stuff, they need it more then than when they are doing well.

Early Bird NW

Flippin loved this film as a kid which came out in 1965 starring Norman Wisdom

This is a difficult one; the initial feeling is to not put any money into the club whilst Lai owns it but ultimately, I feel, the quickest way to be rid of the chinaman is for the club to get back into the Premier League where it is more likely to be sold. If, on the other hand, the club continues its slump and, Heaven forbid, drops down to League One, the chances of Lai finding a buyer at anything like what he wants, become slim indeed. That could even make it more likely that he asset strips the club, sells the ground or God knows what else. If supporters stay away in droves then that may even harden his attitude to asset stripping on the basis that we don’t care any more. I want to be able to join the ‘Lai out’ chorus, which won’t be very loud if we all stay away. Regarding away matches, there may well be some restrictions in place during the new season and ST holders will have some preference over non ticket holders when applying.

It’s a difficult one, really, I am an Albion supporter, always will be and I want the club to get through the nightmare of Chinese ownership and the PL has to be the most likely route. I don’t think that buying a season ticket is showing support for Lai, I detest the bloke but I want my club to get through this, so, I will probably renew my ST.

I will probably go and watch some Kettering Town matches, good fun and only ten minutes away, but, West Bromwich Albion it is not.

Ultimately it’s our club not the Chinaman’s! Whatever damage he does we will always have the Albion and as has been proven will support the club no matter what division we are in. Gate receipts are at the low end of the scale compared to premier league money, we have this at least in the form of parachute payments for the next 2 seasons, far better in my mind to get behind the team as one and really and loudly voice our opinion as one towards FOL! Perhaps pick one game to en mass not attend may help with the message as it would gain some press but not going to games would probably have the opposite impact to that we want to see, as the dissent would be less vocal, it may also play into his mind then that raping the club of all its assets is the way to go?? Who knows but either way we have to be united against the biggest single threat to our stability in the last 25 years! FOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)