+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What are your expectations for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    The good news there is that there's no way Rodrigues is on 10-15 goals.
    Assuming he stays injury free, it'll be closer to the goal a game pace he was on once he was made the centrepiece of the team - put him down for 20-25
    I agree. Also, if we can be more positive attacking-wise as we did at the back end of last season, we should score a lot more goals.

If we can keep Cal fit this will be a massive boost

If Roberts stays injury free 80% of the season, we'll go up.

I'm necroing this thread so we can all read what we wrote a year ago and compare to how things turned out

Congrats Elite on nailing it... again...

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If I had a £500 free bet for charity I'd stick it on Stockport. As 78 very good defensively and seemingly addressed matters at the other end, they've now got some proven quality up there with big name players.

They obviously finished high last season, lost to eventual playoff winners and have strengthened. Favourites for me, but anything can happen as we've seen these past two seasons.
    Bet you wish you'd backed your prediction!

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Bet you wish you'd backed your prediction!
    I certainly do but sadly not. Instead I had a tenner on Chesterfield at good odds, so neither charity of myself benefited from this spot on prediction.

It all depends on the variables such as - who will we sign? Who will we re-sign? Will our present owners still be with us? Keep the same manager? What approach will he or another manager have to promotion that is different to this season? Above all is the last question, will the manager be given a budget that allows him to actually BUY the players he wants rather than rely on loanees (someone we've been watching for a while, cough, cough) who have no loyalty to Notts County?

My opinion is that we will still be running hot and cold all season and end up just in the play-offs, losing to a more motivated team that wants it more. Same as the last three years, actually.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011